[Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

[Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a (hopefully new) vent gauge for a Gen4.

It has been out of stock for a long while now and just thought someone may have one laying around?

http://gtboostgauge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24

Thanks.
Last edited by BlackSTI on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby mynameisdaniel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Have you tried contacting the seller? I'm after one too :(
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby tuned sti » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Got a email from the seller, they are back in stock.
tuned sti
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Just randomly saw it was in stock again, just grabbed the last RHD one I believe (out of stock again).

Daniel I hope you got one in time :D
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Still haven't upgraded, can 't wait to do it.

Let me know if its possible to tweak the AFR display settings.
Mines a little out due to AEM not LC-1 input.
Or I might be able to use a diode or pot to trim my 0-5v signal from the AEM.
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 10489
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:52 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Still haven't upgraded, can 't wait to do it.

Let me know if its possible to tweak the AFR display settings.
Mines a little out due to AEM not LC-1 input.
Or I might be able to use a diode or pot to trim my 0-5v signal from the AEM.


Are you running an older revision of the physical hardware or older firmware?

I'll see what I can do with it, once it arrives :P
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Mine is the .03 version non software upgradeable so its going to be sold or traded in pending how you go with yours ;)

The vendor was vague (or I was) about whether that functionality (variable 0-5v input) was possible now or in the future.

The white wire that you use for logging is just tee'd, and one end connects to the VBG1 0-5v input wire :twisted:
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 10489
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby mynameisdaniel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:16 pm

BlackSTI wrote:Just randomly saw it was in stock again, just grabbed the last RHD one I believe (out of stock again).

Daniel I hope you got one in time :D


Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 am

mynameisdaniel wrote:Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P


Dang that's a shame, you should set-up the alerts on the website for next time (although they didn't work for me when they came back in to stock).
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:17 am

BlackSTI wrote:
mynameisdaniel wrote:Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P


Dang that's a shame, you should set-up the alerts on the website for next time (although they didn't work for me when they came back in to stock).


Contacted the seller and he put together another one for me :)
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:05 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Contacted the seller and he put together another one for me :)


Excellent news! He seems like a good bloke (he changed my shipping to expedited shipping).
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Mine is the .03 version non software upgradeable so its going to be sold or traded in pending how you go with yours ;)

The vendor was vague (or I was) about whether that functionality (variable 0-5v input) was possible now or in the future.

The white wire that you use for logging is just tee'd, and one end connects to the VBG1 0-5v input wire :twisted:


http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20 ... 0V1.08.pdf

From what I've read it doesn't look good yet, looks like when you use an LC-1 you need to configure the wideband to 0V = 10AFR, 5V = 20AFR, Warm-up = 5V.

Which conveniently is what the AEM 30-4100 UEGO is scaled to (another supported wide-band).

I received it today and will install on Sunday probably. I'll let you know how I go and if its possible :?

EDIT: Just emailed the vendor to see if he will enlighten me with any information.
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby mynameisdaniel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Seems like the PLX SM-AFR is the way to go... I think that'll be my next purchase after I get my gauge. Digital connection so no scaling :)
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby BlackSTI » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Seems like the PLX SM-AFR is the way to go... I think that'll be my next purchase after I get my gauge. Digital connection so no scaling :)


Seems like that would be the smart choice at the moment.

I chose the AEM fail-safe because I was interested with the failsafe circuit and standalone logging to the tactrix.

Have you received your vbg1 in the mail yet?
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
User avatar
BlackSTI
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

Postby mynameisdaniel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 pm

I 'think' I can get the PLX to do standalone logging with the tactrix, otherwise I can just do it through RomRaider on my CarPC :)

Not yet, should get it this week I think...
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Next

Return to Wanted to Buy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests