Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Tradewind » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:53 am

Seems we have accomplished a bit for the H6 World since Jul 2012!!

Supercharger systems - 2 options - EZ30 and EZ36
Header systems - Suit EZ30 and EZ36
RAM INTAKE systems - EZ30 4GEN

Whats next?
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Gordonvale Qld
Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF
Real name: Tim

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:02 am

More happy customers :)
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am

Hey there :D
I've just signed up and need some help about these questions .
Very soon , i'll get myself a "MY'08 Subaru Outback 3.0R 5EAT Wagon" @ ~60K miles and quite interested to apply some performance upgrades to this vehicle. My target will be around ~350+WHP
This will be the first time I build a performance setup.
Any advices/suggestions are welcome. :D

1-)I searched some kits for "Subaru EZ30 Engine" and decided to get a Raptor Supercharger + H6 Performance Headers . 2 kits are avaliable one is standart EZ30 kit , and another is premium intercooled.Which one should i get?

2-)Is Subaru's stock EZ30 engine is tough enough to handle this kind of power? I have no clue about these EZ30 H6 engines.
Do you think any engine upgrades will be needed for this kind of setup? (Forged Pistons , Rods , Sleeves , Exhaust valves , etc...)

3-)I think i'm gonna need a valve body mod and high performance cooler for 5EAT transmission right?

5-)What about the torque converter? Can you suggest a TC to maximize the performance at wheels, and minimize the power losses?(I presume stock TC won't handle the job)


Thank you & best wishes. :D
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 am

The car is fine stock.

When you do decide, have a full maintenance done.

I would recommend a b&m tranny cooler.

There is some tuning that helps with the clutches lockup. The valve body upgrade would be a nice option
Maybe you install the raptor, see how it goes and take it from there.
West_Minist

Subaru Diagnostics & Logging Reviewer
Subaru Expert Tuner
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum
info@xtremeracingtuning.com

Facebook

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard
Image
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm

west_minist wrote:The car is fine stock.

When you do decide, have a full maintenance done.

I would recommend a b&m tranny cooler.

There is some tuning that helps with the clutches lockup. The valve body upgrade would be a nice option
Maybe you install the raptor, see how it goes and take it from there.



Many thanks "west_minist". I appreciated :)
Then , stock engine will be fine. Glad to hear that.
So ;
-I need a good maintenance before the SC installation.
-Valve body upgrade & diff. bushings.(I think HexMods F1 is good for this job)
-A good performance transmission cooler. (How about "B&M 70297" is this a good one?)
-And , you suggest a lock-up kit on stock torque converter?
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Perscitus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 pm

And new partnerships! Great news for AMR, Raptor and any US/Canada/Mexico customers... or even global (e-tunes possible).

http://shop.amrperformance.com/AMR-Perf ... _b_11.html
Perscitus
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:23 am
Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Honestly, just tune the car as it is. If you can afford all at once, go ahead.
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:30 pm

west_minist wrote:Honestly, just tune the car as it is. If you can afford all at once, go ahead.


Thanks again,
Btw , i just read that subaru already using lock-up TC's with 4eat/5eat transmissions.So i'll go with that as it is. 8)
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Yes there do.

Again full maintenance, gap plugs to spec 0.7-0.8mm, tranny cooler that could fit and you be good.

I would also add additional gauges if you want too like egt's and wb's - all from innovate motorsports. Please note aem wb.

Add a boost gauge if you want, but not needed.
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/Infor ... ashing.pdf

Possible power. If you run a little more boost, you can achieve more. Having good gas is important. Maybe must important, and aquamist water injection. Mix 50/50 water/meth.
http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/vie ... f=88&t=499
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Please note my post is to share information and not pitch for sale.

Cheers.
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Tradewind » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Gravija

Which country are you located in?
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Gordonvale Qld
Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF
Real name: Tim

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:15 pm

west_minist wrote:Please note my post is to share information and not pitch for sale.

Cheers.


Thank you, those infos are very helpful. :P
I'm almost done ,
-Am i gonna need a high flow fuel pump replacement for "Raptor SC premium intercooled"? Any suggestions?
-I like gauges in car , something i want to ask. Is it possible to read those boost/egt values with Android TorquePro app, any ideas? :roll:
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Tradewind wrote:Gravija

Which country are you located in?

P.M. :)
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby west_minist » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Gravija wrote:
west_minist wrote:Please note my post is to share information and not pitch for sale.

Cheers.


Thank you, those infos are very helpful. :P
I'm almost done ,
-Am i gonna need a high flow fuel pump replacement for "Raptor SC premium intercooled"? Any suggestions?
-I like gauges in car , something i want to ask. Is it possible to read those boost/egt values with Android TorquePro app, any ideas? :roll:


Yes I would upgrade the pump.

Not sure on the Android.
User avatar
west_minist
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Barbados
Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Raptor Superchargers and Subaru Vehicles

Postby Gravija » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:58 pm

west_minist wrote:
Gravija wrote:
west_minist wrote:Please note my post is to share information and not pitch for sale.

Cheers.


Thank you, those infos are very helpful. :P
I'm almost done ,
-Am i gonna need a high flow fuel pump replacement for "Raptor SC premium intercooled"? Any suggestions?
-I like gauges in car , something i want to ask. Is it possible to read those boost/egt values with Android TorquePro app, any ideas? :roll:


Yes I would upgrade the pump.

Not sure on the Android.


Many thanks for your great support 'west_minist'.
All the riddles has been solved for me.
Ready to go. ^^
Gravija
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Raptor Superchargers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron