BigB's Blitzen

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

BigB's Blitzen

Postby BigBCalais » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Hey guys I was very fortunate enough to pick up a MY06 Blitzen last week and I must say, I've never loved something so much.

I joined a few months ago when I started thinking about getting a lib as my first car and I must say I'm very glad that I ended up considering one. I've been looking at getting a car for over 12 months and initially I was looking at Vz Holden Calais until I moved onto Vz commodore utes and then Ve utes which I settled on for a while. I had everything that I wanted to do planned out and it was just a waiting game, that is until I started thinking harder about it and realised young male, modified commodore etc etc you get the point and thought that I needed something that I would be happy with initially without modifying until I could get past the 'danger' stage. So after looking around and considering a v6 passat but deciding that they would be too much to maintain I decided on a liberty, after initially looking at pre fl 3.0rbs (because I wanted a manual) and just stumbling across blitzens I decided it would be worthwhile to keep an eye on them. My favouritism then started to move towards post fl and it became a toss up between a post fl and a blitzen. Then this one popped up and as soon as I saw it I knew that it would be a dream to have it but it was out of my price range and so I saved it and kept looking. I had my eye on a few but none of them stuck in my mind like this one so it was time for some digging, I decided that because it was lightly modified it could be on a forum somewhere and by this point I had joined up so I decided why not start here and with a massive stroke of luck I stumbled across it Here is the thread, eventually the price dropped enough that I thought I might have a chance so I got in contact with the guy who was selling it (not the same one that posted it on the forum) and we arranged a time, my Dad and I met up with him, inspected the car and everything seemed to be in good working order, we drove a hard bargain because I couldn't afford to spend any more and a deal was made on the day and to be honest it was the happiest day of my life knowing that all my hard work has paided off.
But I am in love with it and am enjoying the challenge of learning manual, for now I feel like I'm back to square one despite having my 120 hours.

There aren't really any planned mods for now for the above reason but there will be a list below.
Mods when purchased:
  • Eyelids
  • Tinted tail lights (with cutouts around blinker and reverse light)(removed after defect) and mirror blinkers
  • HID lowbeams and foglights
  • 2 1/4" exhaust
  • Outback bonnet
  • Lip spoiler
  • Carbon wrapped interior pieces (which is still perfect despite being 4 years old)

My mods
  • Remote Batteries (23/6/14)
  • Kido tune (9/11/14)
  • A good detail (Completed 9/12/14)
  • Enkei T6S 18x8.5 +45 (10/12/14) Sold
  • All 4 rolled Guards (11/12/14)
  • Rolled guards (17/12/14)
  • Sti Pink Springs (13/3/15)
  • Rays 57 Valkyrie 18x8.5 +45 (10/11/15)
  • Brembos! (25/1/16)
  • Resprayed front bar, bonnet and drivers door(16/9/16)
  • Replaced spoiler due to lifting (16/9/16)

Planned Mods
  • Post Fl mirrors (Acquired, not installed)
  • New eyelids
  • Coilovers
  • Restyled plates

Pictures!
ImageImage

You all seemed to be a great group and hence why I am posting, I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all better and eventually meet up with some of you. :D
Last edited by BigBCalais on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 20 times in total.
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Re: BigB's Blitzen

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:01 am

Nice one, such a rare model and colour too :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby bass_straitener » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 am

Welcome! And a nice pickup.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Nice one, such a rare model and colour too :)

Cheers Benny I think the rarity attracted me even more knowing that it would be unlikely to see another one around

bass_straitened wrote:Welcome! And a nice pickup.

Thanks, your ride isn't too shabby either :)

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby seanmau5 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:04 pm

G'day Bryce.. Welcome.

Nice pick up. I assume you're young? Sweet ride for a youngster if you are mate.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:17 pm

seanmau5 wrote:G'day Bryce.. Welcome.

Nice pick up. I assume you're young? Sweet ride for a youngster if you are mate.

Thanks mate, yeah I'm only 17 :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Changed the remote batteries today because both were flat, so I had to put the key in the door, first world problems haha :D.
It was really easy, one screw in each remote and prise it open, slip the new battery in and hey presto two fully functioning remotes.

I have also added pictures to the original post and added a maintenance list

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:07 pm

You need a tune too.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby nytrojen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Great buy! I saw this car when the original owner was half way through carbon wrapping bits and pieces on it lol. I wish I had such a nice car when I was 17! Grats!
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:33 pm

seanmau5 wrote:You need a tune too.

I knew I was forgetting something haha, first post updated

nytrojen wrote:Great buy! I saw this car when the original owner was half way through carbon wrapping bits and pieces on it lol. I wish I had such a nice car when I was 17! Grats!

Cheers, I worked hard and saved every penny, it doesn't feel good to be broke again :(

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Just another picture I took the other day which I thought looked good

I've been thinking about getting custom plates but vicroads only allows them in full size not slimline and I'm not sure if it will look stupid or not, so peoples opinions would be greatly appreciated :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Had a big day with the Blitzen today, went down and saw Matt for a tune and I can honestly say I am very impressed despite high expectations. After discovering the car had been tuned previously (not very well though), Matt fixed it up and the car is seriously transformed the power is so linear and the mid range improvement is massive. I am glad I made it one of my priorities to get done quickly.

Headed across for another 40min drive to go see Darren (MYDZYR) to pick up my new wheels which I brought off him. Paid, picked them up and off we went for the long drive home. Just have to get some tires and my guards rolled then should be on, hopefully for christmas
Picture

Ended up driving over 4 and half hours round trip but every minute was worth it :D
Last edited by BigBCalais on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby shav » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 am

Beautiful looking Blitzen. Love it. Great to hear the tune with Matt went well. Those wheels will look pretty sick once on. Nice work.

PS. Did you buy those wheels off MYDZYR?
Last edited by shav on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am

Cheers shav, I hope they look pretty good too once they're on, black on black ftw

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby shav » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:43 am

BigBCalais wrote:Cheers shav, I hope they look pretty good too once they're on, black on black ftw

Yeah love it mate. It's gonna look mint. That said Im also a fan of the Blitzen wheels too. Hope you intend on keeping them.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Next

Return to Post your mods