ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi all,

This service is available in Canberra from Entra Imports and covers the MY04-MY06 models with the 512 KB, 32 bit ECU.

I Express posted my ECU to them and they turned it around in one day. I also provided the latest image that I wanted to install and they have installed that and performed a validation.

Where they differ from others is that they work directly on the EEPROM within the ECU. This means they do not need to create harnesses to accommodate all the differing model variants, and hence the quick turn around. They do solder directly onto some specific point on the main board of the ECU in order to erase the EEPROM and then to rewrite the provided image.

I have had great service on the two occasions that I have used these guys and where unbricking is concerned, they are less than 1/10th of the costs of going thru Subaru for a similar service. They also have a range of aftermarket gear available on their website.

Entra Imports can be contacted at:

rich@entra.com.au
info@entra.com.au
http://www.entra.com.au
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
User avatar
MH3.0R
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne, Vic
Real name: Mark
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:27 pm

MH3.0R wrote:Hi all,

This service is available in Canberra from Entra Imports and covers the MY04-MY06 models with the 512 KB, 32 bit ECU.

I Express posted my ECU to them and they turned it around in one day. I also provided the latest image that I wanted to install and they have installed that and performed a validation.

Where they differ from others is that they work directly on the EEPROM within the ECU. This means they do not need to create harnesses to accommodate all the differing model variants, and hence the quick turn around. They do solder directly onto some specific point on the main board of the ECU in order to erase the EEPROM and then to rewrite the provided image.

I have had great service on the two occasions that I have used these guys and where unbricking is concerned, they are less than 1/10th of the costs of going thru Subaru for a similar service. They also have a range of aftermarket gear available on their website.

Entra Imports can be contacted at:

rich@entra.com.au
info@entra.com.au
http://www.entra.com.au



Glad to help mate, there's nothing worse than having your pride and joy off the road no matter what it is.

Please jump on and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ENTRAImports
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Rich_D wrote:...

Glad to help mate, there's nothing worse than having your pride and joy off the road no matter what it is.

Please jump on and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ENTRAImports


Sorry, I dont do facebook or twitter.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
User avatar
MH3.0R
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne, Vic
Real name: Mark
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby alexeiwoody » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:36 pm

How much for unbrick?
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
User avatar
alexeiwoody
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT
Real name: Alexei

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:How much for unbrick?


http://www.entra.com.au/entra-racing-ecu-recovery/

$150 plus postage costs :)
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby alexeiwoody » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Not bad. And fast response too :)

Thanks
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
User avatar
alexeiwoody
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT
Real name: Alexei

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:06 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Not bad. And fast response too :)

Thanks


Thanks. :)
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby MH3.0R » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Got my ECU back on Thursday morning and re-installed it this morning. All good! Highly recommended.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
User avatar
MH3.0R
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne, Vic
Real name: Mark
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Had a few Liberty ECU's come through now guys - thanks for the support! :)
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby jslayz » Fri May 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Rich_D wrote:Had a few Liberty ECU's come through now guys - thanks for the support! :)


I'm sending you one soon.
You have PM.

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
User avatar
jslayz
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perthhhhhh
Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon
Real name: J

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Sat May 10, 2014 10:15 am

jslayz wrote:
Rich_D wrote:Had a few Liberty ECU's come through now guys - thanks for the support! :)


I'm sending you one soon.
You have PM.

J


Nothing received as yet :)
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby jslayz » Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Just retyped it and it's showing in my outbox.
Please check, thanks.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
User avatar
jslayz
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perthhhhhh
Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon
Real name: J

Re: ECU Recovery Service (unbricking)

Postby Rich_D » Sun May 11, 2014 4:57 pm

jslayz wrote:Just retyped it and it's showing in my outbox.
Please check, thanks.


Got it mate and replied.
User avatar
Rich_D
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: CBR
Car: Gen V Wagz
Real name: Rich


Return to Tuning

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests