Coilovers options

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Coilovers options

Postby renan_don18 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking to order a set of adjustable coilovers soon and I've noticed BC coilovers are one of the more popular or recurring set. I went to a shop and they recommended Silvers coilovers, which i havn't really heard of and the price was about $1200. I'm only after a set for a daily drive so nothing too fancy but i don't want it to die on me.
Im just wondering what you guys think of either set brands. Are Silvers any good? Or should i just go elsewhere for BC coilovers? And where would you recommend i go for the lowest price?

Any help would be much appreciated!


Thank you in advance
User avatar
renan_don18
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Sydney, Kellyville
Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Real name: Renan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Re: Coilovers options

Postby zch91 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Never heard of silvers. Contact Paul from Street to Track, $1100 delivered for BC BR series.
Otherwise, KiDo get good feedback as well, which are slightly cheaper.
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: Coilovers options

Postby ferret89 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 pm

zch91 wrote:Never heard of silvers. Contact Paul from Street to Track, $1100 delivered for BC BR series.
Otherwise, KiDo get good feedback as well, which are slightly cheaper.


+1 can't go wrong
User avatar
ferret89
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Re: Coilovers options

Postby renan_don18 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try get a hold of Paul and go for either of those!
Much appreciated :)
User avatar
renan_don18
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Sydney, Kellyville
Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Real name: Renan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Re: Coilovers options

Postby EJ25 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 am

I went with Justjap, they had stock and was an actual store which i could pick up from. Provided warranty etc.

I paid more, but unfortunately prior to this I had a negative experience with Paul from Street-to-Track when I decided to buy my Coilovers off him.
EJ25
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:34 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Coilovers options

Postby renan_don18 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am

That would be a plus if it was already in stock. I think I was actually looking at the justjap website for BC BR's.
What kind of negative experience?
User avatar
renan_don18
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Sydney, Kellyville
Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Real name: Renan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Re: Coilovers options

Postby zch91 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

The difference is $100 last time I checked. Paul is a very friendly helpful guy from my experience.
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: Coilovers options

Postby Rosey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Could also try Ben and the boys at Ichiban Imports in Ingleburn. Subaru specialists, should have BC's in stock.

http://www.ichiban.com.au
User avatar
Rosey
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Newcastle
Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty

Re: Coilovers options

Postby renan_don18 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind spending the extra $100 instead of waiting for the parts for 2 weeks. Thanks guys :)
User avatar
renan_don18
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Sydney, Kellyville
Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Real name: Renan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests