Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby mk4387 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Dropped my GT-B 50mm and now my ride is super sh*t and I'm bouncing around everywhere. From what I know no one makes shocks to suit this type of drop for the liberty. So I've been looking at cheap coilover options.

Has anyone heard or knows of how good the D2 Street coilovers are? I'm not looking to race my car but simply bring back a smoother ride again whilst being able to maintain my low stance?

Thanks,
Michael.
mk4387
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Wollongong
Car: 2008 Liberty GT-B

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby zch91 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:45 pm

I run BC BR Coilovers and they ride quite well, not sure what drop I have but it's lower than 100mm lowest point. Side skirts are probably 130ish mm.

I would not compare them to stock suspension, but for lowered suspension they are very comfortable, in my oppinion.

KiDo coilovers are also quite comparable, for a slightly lower cost.
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby Boostaddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I have heard awhile ago that they were crap!! But havent heard that since

I think you find that most people will reccomend the bc coils and the kido's here and then there are the people that will reccomend the ohlins and the like for $3k +++

Other ideas are teins from garage 88 or japanparts
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby ferret89 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I also run BC BRs and they go alright, ride isn't as comfortable as stock but definitely not uncomfortable. Can't go wrong for the price, especially if you aren't going to track the car
User avatar
ferret89
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby mk4387 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Haven't found any good reviews on D2, have noticed many use BC on here
mk4387
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Wollongong
Car: 2008 Liberty GT-B

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby kiks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Get what you pay for
kiks
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Re: Opinions on D2 Coilovers

Postby 05GTLIB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Ive had my BC BR's for about a year now, best mod i ve ever done, loads of adjustability (height and damper) couldn't be happier with them for the price :D
User avatar
05GTLIB
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Perth, W.A
Car: 05 liberty gt
Real name: Tom


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests