Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
by sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm
I have the option to buy some gtb wheels but the tyres are 245/45/18
I have a stock my08 2.5i wagons
Will 245 cause any problems ???
-

sjm69
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 788
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
- Real name: Steve
by seanmau5 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm
245 on that rim??

~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
-

seanmau5
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 3305
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
- Real name: Sean
- Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255
by SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm
how the fuck does a 245 tyre fit on a 7inch rim? 215 is giving rim protection

TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
-

SH30RB
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 4024
- Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
- Real name: Simon
- Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766
by sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:42 pm
Thought it was too wide ,that why I asked the question , I've hear of 225 on them but not 245
- Attachments
-

- image.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Last edited by
sjm69 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

sjm69
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 788
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
- Real name: Steve
by cruisn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm
Way too wide for a 7" rim.
-

cruisn
-
- Posts: 6560
- Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
- Location: Melbourne
- Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
- Real name: Mark
by sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 pm
Thought so , back to the drawing board , some One must have some gt or other wheels and tyres going at a reasonable price on here
-

sjm69
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 788
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
- Real name: Steve
by SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
-

SH30RB
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 4024
- Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
- Real name: Simon
- Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766
by cruisn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 pm
I fail to see the benefits of changing your oem wheels to other plain oem wheels anyway......
-

cruisn
-
- Posts: 6560
- Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
- Location: Melbourne
- Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
- Real name: Mark
by seanmau5 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm
sjm69 wrote:Thought so , back to the drawing board , some One must have some gt or other wheels and tyres going at a reasonable price on here
Ed has 19" Wedssports.. They're nice!
Last edited by
seanmau5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
-

seanmau5
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 3305
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
- Real name: Sean
- Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255
by sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm
Like the look of them and cant spend big $$
Got two overseas trips planned this year so on a tight budget
-

sjm69
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 788
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
- Real name: Steve
by sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm
Ed has 19" Wedsports.. They're nice![/quote]
Thanks but I think 18" are as big as I want to go
-

sjm69
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 788
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
- Real name: Steve
by SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm
sjm69 wrote:Like the look of them and cant spend big $$
sjm69 wrote:Thanks but I think 18" are as big as I want to go

TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
-

SH30RB
- -stickered-
-
- Posts: 4024
- Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
- Real name: Simon
- Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766
Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests