Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby zch91 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

I wouldn't be game.. Would be easy to damage the wheels I reckon! Desperate times call for desperate measures... :lol:
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am

Mat04 wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:Buy new nuts in M12x1.25

Find chisel and split the wheel nuts off by splitting them down the centre ;)


Really they split down the center by hitting them on the end? I thought they would just chip off.
We could try jarad if you are game. My chisels at work are super sharp


Done it heaps on customers cars and I know other people who still do it.

Only ones I have seen which could not be 'broken' where the Gorilla Lock Nuts which is what I have ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

zch91 wrote:I wouldn't be game.. Would be easy to damage the wheels I reckon! Desperate times call for desperate measures... :lol:


I had to do it last year on my MY11 STi, garage got flooded and my locknuts got washed off the workbench.

Trying not to damage RZ-DF's... steadiest my hands have ever been!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests