Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes... :-/

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes... :-/

Postby WheelieBin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 am

Hey guys,

So, since Sunday, every time I get in my car if it's been sitting idle for a while, the first time I brake after driving down the road, there's a single clicking sound from the front right wheel. It only happens after having accelerated to a reasonable speed (i.e. not when I'm backing out of the driveway), but only once per drive.

Any thoughts?
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
User avatar
WheelieBin
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Real name: Ben Horder
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

Postby Deep Heat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm

WheelieBin were not designed to be driven.

I think there is sand/gravel getting stuck between your pad and the discs. It would explain the once per drive thing.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: Kellyville, NSW

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

Postby WheelieBin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Twinkle wrote:WheelieBin were not designed to be driven.


I can't believe it took me 58 posts to get that :P It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Oh well, I drove it a couple of times today, and everything seems to be fine, so I guess we'll just see how it goes.
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
User avatar
WheelieBin
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Real name: Ben Horder
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

Postby seanmau5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm

I reckon you need new brakes - brembos to be precise. But because you're fitting brembos you'll need new wheels to fit them. But we all know aftermarket wheels look shithouse on a car that isn't lowered - enter coilovers :)

And to top it all off, some tint, a front lip & projector headlamps with HIDs..





You like ;)
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
User avatar
seanmau5
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Real name: Sean
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Re: Adding to the list of interesting noises my car makes...

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 am

Lib_seanmau5 wrote:You like ;)


Well, that would all justify the purchase of that GT SpecB I found, because it wouldn't possibly be worth putting all that on my Gen3 RX ;)
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
User avatar
WheelieBin
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Real name: Ben Horder
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests