Ride hight of the 3RB

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Ride hight of the 3RB

Postby vaccine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

I am currently crunching some numbers through a suspension calculator. i am working out where the roll centres are leadign to where the roll axis is. I know where to set the front in regards to height, but the rear is double-wishbone and a little different to the McPherson setup. Camber curves and geometry move alot better for handling. I have an outback with modified suspension and dont have any standard data. Can anyone tell me what the standard centre of wheel to arch is on front and in the rear. The front appears to be about 20mm higher in front standard??
.. Dave
User avatar
vaccine
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY05 3RB
Real name: dave..

Re: Ride hight of the 3RB

Postby teK-- » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I haven't got the Gen III figures (you'll have to get the Gen III workshop manual) but I'll bet that the factory spec is going to be +/- a certain amount. In your case depending on suspension mods and sagging due to age you can't calculate the correct roll center unless you measure your actual ride height.

The front is definitely higher than the back normally.

Similar project I am watching here for Gen IV: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128691
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
User avatar
teK--
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4064
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Ride hight of the 3RB

Postby vaccine » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 am

GenIV figures are fine. The RS lib and and GC8 wrx share the same guards.
dobt subaru would have done different between GenIII and IV. Shock/spring setup is the same. gemoetry is the same except castor.

Interesting project they are doing, but i will be using: http://performancetrends.com/rc.htm
Started playing a little while back but got side tracked.

ride height is same as centre to arch, if the suspension sags then amount is less. I have 15K old Teins and the calc compensates for dive. The front suspspension geometry is same as GC8. so running a 330mm centre to arch. (have measured already). anyone who sells suspension or recomends height uses this number, Prodrive, Tein, HKS, DMS etc etc. Then gotta find out where the rear is at.
.. Dave
User avatar
vaccine
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY05 3RB
Real name: dave..


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests