245 on gtb wheel

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

245 on gtb wheel

Postby sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I have the option to buy some gtb wheels but the tyres are 245/45/18
I have a stock my08 2.5i wagons
Will 245 cause any problems ???
User avatar
sjm69
-stickered-
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
Real name: Steve

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm

245 on that rim?? :shock:
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
User avatar
seanmau5
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Real name: Sean
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm

how the fuck does a 245 tyre fit on a 7inch rim? 215 is giving rim protection :shock:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
User avatar
SH30RB
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Real name: Simon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Thought it was too wide ,that why I asked the question , I've hear of 225 on them but not 245
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Last edited by sjm69 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sjm69
-stickered-
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
Real name: Steve

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby cruisn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Way too wide for a 7" rim.
User avatar
cruisn
 
Posts: 6560
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
Real name: Mark

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Thought so , back to the drawing board , some One must have some gt or other wheels and tyres going at a reasonable price on here
User avatar
sjm69
-stickered-
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
Real name: Steve

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm

:wink:







:lol:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
User avatar
SH30RB
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Real name: Simon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby cruisn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I fail to see the benefits of changing your oem wheels to other plain oem wheels anyway......
User avatar
cruisn
 
Posts: 6560
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
Real name: Mark

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

sjm69 wrote:Thought so , back to the drawing board , some One must have some gt or other wheels and tyres going at a reasonable price on here


Ed has 19" Wedssports.. They're nice!
Last edited by seanmau5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
User avatar
seanmau5
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Real name: Sean
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

245 on gtb wheel

Postby sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Like the look of them and cant spend big $$
Got two overseas trips planned this year so on a tight budget
User avatar
sjm69
-stickered-
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
Real name: Steve

245 on gtb wheel

Postby sjm69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Ed has 19" Wedsports.. They're nice![/quote]


Thanks but I think 18" are as big as I want to go
User avatar
sjm69
-stickered-
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY08 Premium Wagon
Real name: Steve

Re: 245 on gtb wheel

Postby SH30RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm

sjm69 wrote:Like the look of them and cant spend big $$

sjm69 wrote:Thanks but I think 18" are as big as I want to go

:wink:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
User avatar
SH30RB
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Real name: Simon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests