04 GT Liberty Tune

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: 04 GT Liberty Tune

Postby DJC » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:53 pm

I've had three different dyno runs since i bought my car. One at Pulse, one at the Club Dyno Day and one at a mates in Canberra. The last two both yielded a similar result, that being a good 25kw less than that at Pulse. I think it's fairly common knowledge now that their dyno readings are higher than average. In the end though it all depends on how happy you are with your car and the work they are doing to it. I know my stock 04 GT is not pulling 162kw, it's only a figure, but i'm happy with it and they do great work.
:::MY04 Regal Blue Liberty GT Premium:::
|Lowered King Springs|KiDo ECU tune|HID conversion|HKS Filter|LEDs|Slotted rotors|TB Quad Tip exhaust|more TBA...
DJC
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Regal Blue Sedan

Postby Arith » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:32 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:then thats all that matters

+1

I was talking to a tuner who said he's seen cars with lesser kw beat out the ones with larger numbers. He says it's all about where the 'usuable' power is, and in the end, whether or not the driver is happy and that it suits his driving style.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby CJ1177 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Because of these inflated power figures I've been hearing over time coming from owners who have a pulse tune is why, I have had a base line power run done at a local dyno who will have no financial interest in my car other than before & after power runs, so I can verify & see independently what gains I have truly made.
I believe some dyno operators may also not only inflate the final figure but deflate the initial figure to make an even larger difference at the end of the day.

FYI I got 148kW atw completely stock (except for phat quads)
MY05 GT Wagon, Atalantic Blue [Team Tein] [Club Two Zero]

CJ's Wagon Pics
CJ1177

Car: MY05 GT 5MT

Postby Arith » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:09 pm

CJ1177 wrote:FYI I got 148kW atw completely stock (except for phat quads)

Is that at the local dyno or Pulse?

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 am

I've had three runs on three different dyno's and each of them were within 1kwatw with the stock figure averaging about 123kwata (AT MY04).
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:09 am

Kevlar GT wrote:I've had three runs on three different dyno's and each of them were within 1kwatw with the stock figure averaging about 123kwata (AT MY04).

123Kw was our initial power figure too before Paul tuned our wagon (AT MY04).
Whether the post tune or pre-tune power figures were inflated/deflated doesn't bother me, as the difference whilst driving was and still is well and truly noticeable.
I'm loving it every time I take the wagon for a drive. :wink:

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby CJ1177 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 am

Arith wrote:

Is that at the local dyno or Pulse?

Jim, It was a Local Dyno & it's a Mainline brand dyno.
Well even if there figures are also high it doesn't matter to much because that will mean there post tune will also be high & will be interesting to see the difference in gain of tune between both dynos, i.e. one will be the dyno who did the tune & the other an independent
MY05 GT Wagon, Atalantic Blue [Team Tein] [Club Two Zero]

CJ's Wagon Pics
CJ1177

Car: MY05 GT 5MT

Postby easygt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 pm

my car only managed 160kwatw with cai, sil intak, top mount, dump pipe and rear mufflers and tune on the avo dyno in 3rd gear.
I was hoping maybe 180kwatw. If I had to do the mods again I probably just do panel, dump pipe and rear muffler and I believe would probaly get the
same results without the hissing of the cai. The turbo is too small to produce anymore power but there really nothing out there that is a straight bolt on and
suited to autos
easygt

Car: liberty gt 04

Postby AndrewCowley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 pm

04GTLIB wrote:Whether the post tune or pre-tune power figures were inflated/deflated doesn't bother me, as the difference whilst driving was and still is well and truly noticeable.
I'm loving it every time I take the wagon for a drive. :wink:

+1. Same here for my 04 GT Liberty which is Pulse tuned. Don't care about the numbers. It is a much nicer drive now.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby GTurbo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello all.
I too have a suspicion that the Pulse dyno may be a bit happy. However, I got my MY04 GT Lib tuned there and the difference in drivability was huge. Big increases in power and much better spread of torque. Greatly diminished turbo lag and better fuel economy. What really matters is how it performs on the road and in this way I am very happy with the result. Therefore I will not post my dyno results. I must also add that I am in no way affiliated with Pulse Racing and just a happy customer.
MY04 Liberty GT Auto White Wagon Goodness.
GTurbo

Car: MY04 Liberty GT Auto

Postby Arith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Good on ya! Too much concern with numbers these days. All just turns into a p*ssing contest at the end of the day.

I think all that's important are:

1) there was an improvement in drivability
2) you're happy with the results
3) the car doesn't go ka-blooey

Arith
-stickered-

Postby smythie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Amen!
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby west_minist » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Joey wrote:Hi guys,
Been on here for a while but havent posted much.
I bought a stock 04 GT auto in Jan from a doctor in Lismore, a dead stocker.
Today, I got a tune from Pulse racing and power went from 112 to 154.7kws and I also had an K&N air filter installed.
The car is much better to drive and now sounds like a turbo.
To be honest, I very seriously considering selling the car and buying an XR6 Turbo, due to the lack of low and mid range power to what Im used to.
But, now I will be keeping it, love the way it drives and sounds now.
I wont be doing any more mods to it, I'm happy and going to leave it.
Only bummer was that someone opened their car door on mine out the front!
Paul and the guys know their stuff, very happy and will go back again.

Any dyno sheets?
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby as_shandy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 pm

hey guys, very new to all of this..
got myself a MY05 lib GT recently which is currently stock as a rock!
if i was to go and get a tune, what sort of dollars are we talking? and will i really notice the difference?
i have just switched from a xr6 which i am used to always haveing a nice amount or torque when needed, where as i find now driving the lib that it has alot of flat spots, not all that happy with the preformance! ... must add great off the line though.
nice to meet u all

cheers
Andy
Heaps Of Mods ... - Sports Grill - HKS Air Filter - ..... That Is All ...
as_shandy

Car: MY05 Liberty GT

Postby west_minist » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 pm

as_shandy wrote:hey guys, very new to all of this..
got myself a MY05 lib GT recently which is currently stock as a rock!
if i was to go and get a tune, what sort of dollars are we talking? and will i really notice the difference?
i have just switched from a xr6 which i am used to always haveing a nice amount or torque when needed, where as i find now driving the lib that it has alot of flat spots, not all that happy with the preformance! ... must add great off the line though.
nice to meet u all

cheers
Andy

These are really two different car. Tuning the 2GT will give you power all around, but it will not come close to the XR6 due to turbo size and liters. You can try tuning and see how you like it. I am not sure what the charge in your country, but in my remote services to customers, its around $400USD to start basic tuning. The legacies carries dual maps for fuel, boost, ign and so forth.

I have tuned a number of them, and below is such one. http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... 22a3802a78

This is the only custom I have that has gone further and want to go even further in delivery. Everyone just want a tune for the gas with some power. :) You will see some of his comments on that forum.

All I can say that the car will improve tremendously over stock, but in comparison to the XR6, I am not sure how close, as the spec online on this model looks like a STI.

Good luck.
West_Minist

Subaru Diagnostics & Logging Reviewer
Subaru Expert Tuner
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum
info@xtremeracingtuning.com

Facebook

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

PreviousNext

Return to 2.0T engine specific