** INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS ** - LED & HID

** INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS ** - LED & HID

Postby hks180 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 pm

As time goes i'll add bit by bit on how to install some of the LED and HID kit, also different ideas people or I came up with. Some you all might know already and some maybe not. Anyway hope you all find these useful ~

MAP LIGHT
People asked me how come your map lights are brighter then my ?? here is your answer ~
BEFORE
AFTER

NUMBER PLATE (SEDAN)
To change the number plate in sedan you need to move few clips ..
Access the bulbs through those 2 holes
You will need a T10 base light bulb ...5 or 9 LED T10 is great for number plate

Audi Style LED Light
Personally not a fan of these in a Liberty but was going through some Japanese site and found this guy did the AUDI style light by installing the LED strip under the headlight, no need to open up the headlight ... just another idea for those WHO wants to do them ..
Last edited by hks180 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Re: ** INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS ** - LED & HID

Postby dwayne » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:13 am

hks180 wrote:As time goes i'll add bit by bit on how to install some of the LED and HID kit, also different ideas people or I came up with. Some you all might know already and some maybe not. Anyway hope you all find these useful ~

MAP LIGHT
People asked me how come your map lights are brighter then my ?? here is your answer ~
BEFORE

Dremel or knife ?

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby hks180 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:06 am

Unless you got some magic knife ... i used Dremel ~

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby adhar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Leo,

Great idea for a thread, i'm sure lots of people will benefit from it.

And i can highly recommend any of Leos HIDs and LEDs, quick service and great product!

I do have a question about the positioning of the LED pad for the centre dome. I can't seem to get it in the middle, it only fits to one side like in the pics below. It's not a problem, i could still perform open heart surgery the light is so bright, but i would like it in the middle.

Is there any way to make it fit in the centre? Or do most people have it to one side...

Light Off
lightoff.jpg
lightoff.jpg (35.36 KiB) Viewed 22727 times

Light On
lighton.jpg
lighton.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 22727 times
adhar
-stickered-

Car: VE SS-V

Postby hks180 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey Andrew

I had some people they modified the metal clip by turn the so you get more room to have the 36 LED panel right in the middle ..

or what i did was had one on each side ...

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby WhiteGTB » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 am

Awesome Leo, thanks :)
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby adhar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 pm

hks180 wrote:Hey Andrew
I had some people they modified the metal clip by turn the so you get more room to have the 36 LED panel right in the middle ..
or what i did was had one on each side ...

Leo

Whoa, 2 of them! I fear that will send me blind if i look at it! Let me think about it, i might be tempted to order another LED pad next time i order something from you. I can't think what, but i'm sure you will come up with something i want to buy soon! hehe :D

Out of interest, how do you wire in the 2nd LED pad? Do you just attach the 2nd red and black wires to the red and black wires of the other pad?

And i received those 13LEDs you sent me. cheers.
adhar
-stickered-

Car: VE SS-V

Postby hks180 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Yes 2 is a bit of over kill ...... LOL

and yup thats all you got to do ...

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby teK-- » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Hey Leo I did the maplight mod (cut out the screen to allow more light through). Now I realise why the screen is there: to stop glare! There is a lot more light now but it can be quite blinding especially for the driver if the passenger map light is on.

I have had to tilt the led globe about 45deg towards the front of the car to reduce this but still have good downwards lighting. I kind of regret doing the mod now...
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Jaz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

What would you suggest is the simplest and best for a good upgrade for the centre dome light?
Don't need super bright, just better than factory. Just one the T10 6 LED? Existing one has died.
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Postby hks180 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Jaz wrote:What would you suggest is the simplest and best for a good upgrade for the centre dome light?
Don't need super bright, just better than factory. Just one the T10 6 LED? Existing one has died.

If you don't want too bright .. you can try use the 12 SMD LED panel for your main doom light ..
Interior - 12 SMD LED Panel with connectors - $20 - Map, Main doom, Boot & cargo (wagon)

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby domgtb25t » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 pm

hks180 wrote:
Jaz wrote:What would you suggest is the simplest and best for a good upgrade for the centre dome light?

If you don't want too bright .. you can try use the 12 SMD LED panel for your main doom light ..
Interior - 12 SMD LED Panel with connectors - $20 - Map, Main doom, Boot & cargo (wagon)

Leo

Leo is this photo of a car you installed ligts into. I am curious what the second switch is. Does it make those lights come on when the door is opened? My wagon does not have this. If it does make the lights come on when doors are open what model is it? I may try track one down and do a swap.

Thanks.
2008 MY08 GTB: Sat Nav, Cargo Liner, Color coded rear step, Tow Bar with transmission oil cooler, Projector Fog Lights, Reverse Camera, In car media player, Parrot MK3100 with bluetooth audio streaming, Abs and Battery covers.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Previous Cars: Nissan Exa CA18 Targa Top, 92 Honda Prelude 2.2lt, Subaru Leone, 89 + 91 GD Mazda MX6 2.2lt Turbo, VZ Commodore Wagon, 2006 Holden Astra CDX,
domgtb25t

Car: MY08 GTB SAT NAV

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 am

sunroof tilt switch?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby hks180 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:11 am

those are the switches for the sunroof ....one to tilt ... another to slide open ..

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby domgtb25t » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

oh yeah must be of a sedan.

Mine is a wagon so only has to one switch tilts the front then slide the rear open.

Is there any way to make the map lights come on when the doors are open. I guess you would have to make a loom to join it to the interior light circuit possibly jump of the interior dome light.
2008 MY08 GTB: Sat Nav, Cargo Liner, Color coded rear step, Tow Bar with transmission oil cooler, Projector Fog Lights, Reverse Camera, In car media player, Parrot MK3100 with bluetooth audio streaming, Abs and Battery covers.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Previous Cars: Nissan Exa CA18 Targa Top, 92 Honda Prelude 2.2lt, Subaru Leone, 89 + 91 GD Mazda MX6 2.2lt Turbo, VZ Commodore Wagon, 2006 Holden Astra CDX,
domgtb25t

Car: MY08 GTB SAT NAV

Next

Return to hks180 LEDs & HIDs