MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:50 pm

OK first post to start the mods , experiences , the journey as such. In the end might just do a blog of it.

Anyway . . .

Update 1 - Pack n Send Freo says Sway bars in :) Thanks Trieu.
Update 2 - Strut bar and Shift Kit arrived. Thanks Steve.
Update 3 - Sti "flexible" strut / tower bar installed
Update 4 - ACME Turbo beer line ordered from Coyote. RIP - No beer lines - they just never made the fit.
Update 5- Boot nets installed. Thanks Arith.
Update 6 - Sti short shift kit installed. AUX In now in centre console.
Update 7 - Whiteline sway bars installed. 4 wheel alignment and 38-40 Psi minimum says my old suspension legend Barry Curnow.
Update 8 - LEDs in the car - exteriors awaiting CREE brake / parker globes.
Update 9 - PROVA air guide fitted (Thanks to GTBSti)
Update 10 - Got an-sty and installed LED parkers - sweeet :D
Update 11 - No LEDs left to install. Tinted. Light n Dark on the same day.
Update 11 - JDM Spec B Honeycomb arrived. Installed. Thanks Steve :D
Update 12 - CREE LED brake globes arrived and now installed. Thanks to Tngcla :)
Update 13 - #136 of 300 MY07 Sti Lip & Zero Sport Silicon Intake from American Dave
Update 14 - Order placed to get a Phat DP.
Update 15 - Lipped the car with an Sti lip - Thank to "American Dave"
Update 16 - Zero Sport SFB / HKS Air filter. Thanks to Dave and Michael (PHAT).
Update 17 - Sti pinks from American Dave.
Update 18 - Arrived a PHAT DP - with JDM COIN BOX. Thanks Michael (Alias "the Phat ") :) Coin box is worth 10-20 Kw easy ;)
Update 19 - Awaiting arrival of Zero Sports radiator and Oil caps from Swingin. Arrived and installed. Thanks Matt.
Update 20 - Awaiting arrival of JDM Sti Enkei 18 x 8 Shadow Chrome Silver rims from Michael. Looks like new rubber coming.
Update 21 - Phat Performance Parts Dump Pipe installed. Thanks Michael - class piece of pipe :D
Update 22 - Sti Enkei rims, Sti centre caps and Rays Dura lug nuts arrived. Thanks Michael.
Update 23 - ACME beer line resurrected by Coyote with Phat help :D
Update 24 - Rims and rubber are installed. Needing to organise with Scary to get the TIEN'S spring. STi Lower arm bar purchased.
Update 25 - Sti lower arm bar received and installed - Thanks Youngy69
Update 26 - TUNED by Sean at All Star Garage - Perth.
Update 27 - Grimmspeed 3 pot BCS arrived, CUSCO brake stop and SGMotorsports AOS systems ordered. Thought about new TMIC floating around.
Update 28 - Cusco Brake stopper installed and installed some JDM ABS and battery covers. Thanks to JDM Style and the Phat Man.
Update 29 - Purchased Hyperflow TMIC from Jimmy S. Next step. Install the AOS, the Grimmspeed BCS, the Hyperflow and re-tune.
Update 30 - Full brembo brake setup refurbished by Crusin' in black with white Sti logo. Cruising' supplied dog bones, T3 4000 slotted rotors, rear brembo slotted rotors, Goodrich SS brake lines and Dixcel M pads.
Update 31 - BBK M (TD05-18G), Perrin silicon intake, Grimspeed 3 Port BCS, Hyperflow TMIC all installed. retuned at ASG for 240 Hp / 372 Nm at 16 Psi at the hubs.
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 am, edited 31 times in total.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B . . . here we go :)

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

OK - now here is the cracker of em all. My strut tower bar "BENDS". Yep - it's flexible. Effectively its this bar (not my bar/car).

Or with better description here:

http://www.nengun.com/sti/flexible-tower-bar

I'm still trying to get my head around how this works :shock:
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby senator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:58 pm

lol.... sucker :lol:

i have the same sti bar on mine.

nut sure why they fitted the 08 tb sti with that particular bar, considering the 07's were fitted with a nice thick flat bar, maybe you can try to exchange the bar.....worth a try

my money would be going towards the cusco with brake stopper fitted as a replacement
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Well if its on your MY08 Spec B Sti then I guess it belongs on my MY08. I assume that you haven't had the bar off since your's is a Sti to note any difference?

I'm not preturbed by it - wasn't expecting it BUT its what Sti Liberty 2008 uses then so be it.
GTB Liberty

Postby senator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Well if its on your MY08 Spec B Sti then I guess it belongs on my MY08. I assume that you haven't had the bar off since your's is a Sti to note any difference?

I'm not preturbed by it - wasn't expecting it BUT its what Sti Liberty 2008 uses then so be it.

the only reason why i could think they used it, was to soften the ride...some how, cause they consider the liberty to a luxury car.......

btw i never have removed it?

did you notice any difference before fitting it?
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Edit - Clarity

I don't think its to soften the ride, its part of a whole set of "flexible" suspension components. The 2010 Sti Legacy list includes: Edit - See post below this equipment list is S402 (makes sense now - Thanks Jimmy).

Special equipment:

* Exclusive 2.5L DOHC
* Exclusive twin-scroll turbo
* STI air element
* Exclusive engine cover (with S402 ornament)
* Serial plate
* Exclusive tuned ECU
* Exclusive 6MT
* 281 hp / 289 lb-ft

* STI tuned Bilstein dampers
* STI springs
* STI pillow ball bushings rear suspension links (F/R lateral link)
* Exclusive 13:1 steering gearbox
* STI flexible tower bar
* STI flexible lower arm bar Image
* STI flexible floor bar
Is this it ? Image
* Brembo monoblock 6-pot front (silver, STI logo)
* Brembo 2-pot rear
* STI brake hose
* Brembo 18" 2-piece front rotors
* Brembo 17" rear rotors
* Exclusive BBS forged 18x8.0J aluminum
* Exclusive 235/40-18 Potenza RE050
* Exclusive sports muffler (65φ dual with S402 logo)
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
GTB Liberty

Postby Jimmy S » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:42 pm

That sounds like the mod list for the S402, not the MY10 Tuned by STi... ?

The S402 is the post face-lift model Gen 4... Although if its good enough for that, then I'd happily put one on my car! :wink:

Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Jimmy S wrote:That sounds like the mod list for the S402, not the MY10 Tuned by STi... ?

The S402 is the post face-lift model Gen 4... Although if its good enough for that, then I'd happily put one on my car! :wink:

Jimmy - you are right. It was for the S402. That information was when I was advised the bar was flexible not solid and researched why. The S402 bar makes complete sense as to the supply as a "2008 Sti tower bar. by Subaru"

My response - well F&%^ me. Brilliant. Blatantly obvious the effect. I have a navigating mate (he does - like this year Targa West in an EVO9) who was in the vehicle on the test run and pre bar mod many times. He agreed the transition was obvious.

More later.

Andrew

PS - Thanks Steve. Still can't get my head around it BUT :D !!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
GTB Liberty

Postby WhiteGTB » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:10 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Update 1 - Pack n Send Freo says Sway bars in :) Thanks Trieu.

Your welcome buddy, enjoy the corners :!: :!:
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Well take 2 after photobucket stuffed me around.

OK - STRUT bar install (Note -pre edit I wrote "sway bar install" :shock: - I do know the difference. LMAO review and edit)

1. Boxes arrive (Big thanks to Sentinel :0 )

2. Necessary tools (OK the beer is optional). Being a 12mm socket , torque wrench, extender bars and ratchet wrench.

3. Engine bay pre bar.

4. Sti bar

WOW - it really bends!

5. Remove nuts

6. Attach bar with new nuts - torque nuts to 20 Nm +/- 5 Nm. Check bar meets all clearence between engine and firewalls (will scan install instructions later).

Image ImageImage

Yep - thats the flexible ball joint hiding under that.

Remember to check nut torque after 1st test drive and , say, one week later.

All in all - nice useful bling. The car is different feeling much surer, less understeer, better turn in and more compliant braking. Very worth the investment. :D

I'm going to be very interested to drive a GTB with a solid bar to compare and have someone with a solid bar drive mine and comment.

Next installment - Sti short shift I think.
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Jimmy S wrote:That sounds like the mod list for the S402, not the MY10 Tuned by STi... ?

Oohhhhh those brakes are SWEEEEEEEEEET! :shock:
GTB Liberty

Sti Short Shift kit and AUX In install

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Well - being a bit slack and looking forward to utilising being stimulated by Ruddie I got the above all done by Melville Subaru today.

The short shift is exactly that, solid and short. However, surprisingly, the height position of the gear knob SEEMS to be exactly the same. :? I like the action BUT am going to need some time to readjust a little. As time goes on I'm sure it'll be brillliant.
Edit - After a 2nd drive and subsequent drives. What the shift does is make the "shift feel" more appropriate for a "performance" vehicle. It's lost it's surburban gearbox feel for something that is more akin to the potential of the vehicle. Seriously a nice edition to the Lib and makes the gear box suit the car. It's got a lovely "snic" to confirm change and is tighter than . . . well ya know. Very glad I did it and driving with it more makes the experience better and better. I recommend this whole heartedly to the track and driving types - you won't regret it.

All in all a good effort by the Melville Service crew. Arrived back to see my old shifter in box in boot. Washed car and an invoice that didn't include the extra 1 1/2 hours labour they said the Sti shift kit, AUX In Cable and handbrake adjust would take (3 hours labour total). They quoted 1/12 hours labour and thats all I was invoiced for. However, the cost of the AUX in cable at $125 odd :angry2: Regardless, considering the savings made on the shift kit purchase and the desperate desire for Ipod :roll:

I'd like to give a big thanks to Sentinel (Steve) for getting me both the Sti short shift and strut for amazing prices. Made going into "mod mode" very easy :D

Now what's next :?: that's right - Whiteline Sways here we come.
GTB Liberty

Postby Sentinel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Damn - how did I miss this thread!

Andrew - nice write up and kudos for the mentions mate. Cheers! :good:

I reckon you'll have a mod list like mine the way you're going. :wink:

How about some pics of the full car too?
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby birch_security » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:26 am

Sentinel wrote:Damn - how did I miss this thread!

+1

Nice write up, but where are the pics of the car?

Alex
Previous car: MY03 Liberty RX 2.5 Manual Sedan Silver
Current car: MY07 GT-Spec.B Manual Sedan Black
birch_security

Car: MY07 GT-Spec.B

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:15 pm

birch_security wrote:
Sentinel wrote:Damn - how did I miss this thread!

+1

Nice write up, but where are the pics of the car?

Alex

I see a common thread here . . . *where is that camera* LOL
GTB Liberty

Next

Return to Post your mods