First time Subaru and Liberty owner

Introduce yourself

First time Subaru and Liberty owner

Postby 5mack » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:09 pm

Hey all! My name is Zac.

I'm a first time Subaru owner, bought my 2012 2.5i Gen V Liberty about 2 weeks ago. Really looking forward to learning about this car as it's my second one I've owned and I really want to look after it well.
I live on the Sunshine Coast but spend time down in Brissie as well.
My Dad and I have installed a CB radio, Blue LED's in the footwells, an engine guard with a temp guage because some reason the Liberty doesn't have a temp guage. Due to the engine guard placement it cut out one of the ciggarette lighters so we installed a ciggarette lighter + two USBs with a switch for the LED's.
The next modifications I'm looking forward to installing and learning about is mainly new wheels, tyres, either lowered suspension or coilovers and finally a new exhaust system.
Just working at Woolies full time but looking into uni or getting some form of qualification that gets me out of there.
Never really been into cars until now at the ripe old age of 22 so forgive me if I'm clueless at first.
I spend a lot of time with friends and family. I enjoy gym, Krav Maga, gaming and occasionally like to read.
Previously owned a 2002 Nissan Pulsar Sedan for 6 years.

Hope to communicate with you lot soon and learn more about my new Liberty.
5mack

Car: 2012 2.5i Subaru liberty sedan

Re: First time Subaru and Liberty owner

Postby Yowie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 am

Welcome.

Feel free to start a "post your mods" thread with pictures of the car and different modifications you're doing (eg the Engine Guard installation).

I also installed a CB radio, but the audible radio traffic is mainly for my amusement when the mood strikes. It is useful on a convoy drive and on the freeway though.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Postby 5mack » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:32 pm

I'll definitely do that! Just need to figure out how to put photos up first.

The CB radio is great, I drive on the highway frequently and drive to Brisbane once or twice a month so it definitely helps get updates on traffic plus listening to the truckies always ends up making me smile.
5mack

Car: 2012 2.5i Subaru liberty sedan

Postby Yowie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:47 pm

I use Google Photos.

You can upload your photos to Google Photos (or similar provider), set the folder privacy settings so anyone can see the photos, copy the URL of the photo and paste that URL between the [ i m g ] [ / i m g ] brackets you get when you click "IMG" when making a forum post.

Others are demonstrably better at it than I am, so follow their advice if you hear a better way.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Postby Ric » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:35 am

When you are typing a post, there is an "Upload attachment" tab just below the edit window.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby spike2135 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 am

Welcome to the forum :good:
spike2135

Car: BR9
Profile URL: https://ibb.co/Ky2X4V3

Return to Introductions