Subaru Gen 5 Liberty GT

Body kits, seat covers, fluffy dice, and other non-performance mods.

Subaru Gen 5 Liberty GT

Postby aparo99 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Hey,

I just purchased a Subaru Liberty GT Premium 2011 (gen 5) and was looking at purchasing a front lip and aftermarket grill for the car. However, I cant seem to find my year. I can only find gen 3 and 4 liberty lips/grills. Was wondering if these would fit or and suppliers to look for.

Thanks !! :D
aparo99

Car: Subaru Liberty GT Premium

Re: Subaru Gen 5 Liberty GT

Postby Adrian2627 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Try searching BM/BR Legacy. BM and BR are the chassis codes used to id what is known as fifth gen in Aus. Check your VIN and depending if it is sedan or wagon you'll see either BM or BR and then being 2011 either a B or a C which will indicate the revision or "year model" (they do things a little differently in Japan). I can't remember if there was a styling change, or "facelift" with BM/BR like there was with BL/BP but if there was parts listings should say something like "suits BM/BR A-C or BM/BR D-E.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Re: Subaru Gen 5 Liberty GT

Postby LibertyTragic » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am

BM9 is sedan and BR9 is the wagon.

There is a factory STi front lip that was made for the car. Mine has one. It is subtle but finishes off the front nicely. It means you could source it through Subaru, but I’m sure the price would be excessive. The genV unfortunately has a pretty small market in Aus so aftermarket stuff is harder to source locally. Your best bet is Japanese car importers like Garage88.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Return to Cosmetics