Front speaker mounting depth

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Front speaker mounting depth

Postby Berry003 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Hello all, newbie here

Got a spec b recently and tried to play some music on its first voyage and noticed the speakers were lacking surrounds. Didn’t sound too great if I’m honest.

I’ve been locking at replacing them with a set of focal 165kr speakers which have a 71mm mounting depth whilst standard seem to be pretty skinny.
If anyone has replaced them before what’s the biggest speaker that can you’ve fit behind the grill in the door card, with spacers of course.

I’ve tried searching the forum to no avail it wouldn’t surprise me if I’ve brushed past a thread with this same question.
Berry003

Car: 2005 liberty spec b

Re: Front speaker mounting depth

Postby Vazzter » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:44 am

Im actually having the same issue. I recently bought new speakers for my 08 liberty, the back 2 speakers are 6.5'', which i replaced with coaxial's using spacers, the fronts however are 2-way mid and tweeters, they're 6.5'' too but when put into the mounting points, my speakers are too deep and won't allow the windows to go down entirely. I'll likely need to go buy more spacers, there isn't a great deal of clearance behind the factory mounting points due to the windows rolling down past where the back of the speakers sit, so keep that in mind.
Vazzter

Car: Subaru Liberty Sports Edition 2.5i M

Re: Front speaker mounting depth

Postby mihai » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:17 pm

Berry003 wrote:I’ve been locking at replacing them with a set of focal 165kr speakers which have a 71mm mounting depth whilst standard seem to be pretty skinny.
If anyone has replaced them before what’s the biggest speaker that can you’ve fit behind the grill in the door card, with spacers of course.

They'll fit. Just need a custom spacer made up.

I had a set of 165KRX2 splits in the front doors with no clearance issues.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Return to How do I?