Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby shav » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:25 am

Best wheel choice you've chosen thus far. Nice work
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Spec BSC wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
applegeek897 wrote:Haha you're crazy with all these goodies on the way from Japan haha.

The most recent wheel setup really is looking freaking insane man. Suits your car to a tee I feel. Love it!

Haha yeah I think after 15 sets of wheels it can definitely be classified as an addiction!

Absolutely love the new wheels, and the plan is to run them for the foreseeable future and keep one of the rainbow sets as spares.
Rest will have to go! Even the beautiful Enkei RS05, which look amazing on your car mate!

Wow, so many combo's. My personal favourites were the Matt RS05R

My first set of aftermarket wheels??
I shouldn't have bothered with all these other sets then! :lol:
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

shav wrote:Best wheel choice you've chosen thus far. Nice work

Yeah the Work CR2P are my favourite set as well, very aggressive fitment and the colour combo just matches the car so nicely.
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Long time no update!

So I haven't updated this in a while but not much has changed, well until recently!

Most exciting news is that I have purchased a full bagged suspension setup from a fellow member.
Have really enjoyed the shockworks coilovers but have gone the bags route so I can really show off the aggressive specs of the Work CR2P and have the practicality of not destroying my 3rd front lip and panel work during daily driving duties.

- Tank as displayed in the photos
- Viair 480c Compressor
- Slam Specialties controller
- Regis Valves and billet manifold
- K sport Struts and bags (Have been rebuilt and all bolts on bags re-torqued and all bolts replaced with custom made hi tensile bolts by Fred Tapping)

I also purchased a CTI diffuser to tidy up the rear end look and remove the old busted up tow bar finally.

Lastly, I finally found the holy grail of wheels, the number one wheel on the infamous wheels thread...

Advan Connoisseur 151c 19 x 8.5 +50

Image Image

But... After posting my new wheel setup on the club liberty facebook page a member messaged me with an offer I just couldn't refuse. So the wheels were off the car without even driving on them and the Works are back on. I might get another set one day as Advan is probably my favourite wheel brand but alas money is also a favourite :lol:

KelvinTaylor88

Postby applegeek897 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:00 am

Freaking epic stuff man. That's from that white Outback right?
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Freaking epic stuff man. That's from that white Outback right?

That's the one! Just have to get everything installed now by the 19th for the Status meet in Melbourne.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Incredible how those advans look concave with just a 50 offset.

Big update!
No scope to bag the Shockworks dampers?
It would definitely void the warranty tho...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Incredible how those advans look concave with just a 50 offset.

Big update!
No scope to bag the Shockworks dampers?
It would definitely void the warranty tho...

Now that's an interesting thought.
Easier and more cost effective to just drop in the purchased setup and sell the shockworks but it is a fun idea..

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Mini Update

Airbag suspension install is booked in for the 29th at Import Monster!

For the time being I installed a new STI front lip on the car and removed the tow bar and replaced it with a CTI diffuser I found on the Yahoo Auctions in Japan.

Then cleaned the car up for the Status '19 car show in Williamstown! Here is a photo dump from the day:

KelvinTaylor88

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 am

Szzzzt! Thanks for the *premium* Lib fix :P

Very interested to find out the differences in ride quality after the install...
bigBADbenny

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:02 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Szzzzt! Thanks for the *premium* Lib fix :P

Very interested to find out the differences in ride quality after the install...

Yeah I'm very curious as well about the ride quality, I've come to accept that I'm not Mark Webber and my car is really just to look pretty. So the practicality of having adjustable ride height on the go is the big draw for the airbag swap.

Have nothing but praise for the Shockworks though, even driving around on the hardest setting to minimise rear scrubbing they have solid comfort and fantastic handling.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:47 pm

UPDATE

Bagged setup is in and the shockworks have gone to a new home, here's the nicely packaged incognito boot install courtesy of Roman at Import Monster and the system in action:

To further show off the change, here are some photos from the recent Victorian Club Liberty cruise (photographers' watermarks all attached, check them out).

Definitely still some setup tweaks to be done, purchasing some camber plates to get a little more out of the fronts as the guard is currently sitting on the tyre. Will also take some out of the rear to even things up and tuck the lip closer to the guard.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Some recent photos for the Status 19' Krispy Aftermovie screening at Seaworks Maritime Precinct!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Thanks for updating :)
Wow! Sssssoooooo wow :mrgreen:
What rims and spec? I want to say Kiwami’s but 19”s?
Is that full travel in the vid?
Does it actually go from tucking to extremely low?
Is driving even possible when completely aired out?
Is handling compromised and if so, what’s it like?
Please update your signature too, it’s come a long way :P
bigBADbenny

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Thanks for updating :)
Wow! Sssssoooooo wow :mrgreen:
What rims and spec? I want to say Kiwami’s but 19”s?
Is that full travel in the vid?
Does it actually go from tucking to extremely low?
Is driving even possible when completely aired out?
Is handling compromised and if so, what’s it like?
Please update your signature too, it’s come a long way :P

1. Close! Work Emotion CR2P 18 x 9.5 +38 on (unfortunately) 225/40/18 Michelin PS4s. Would like meatier tyres but they would foul on the struts.

2. No that isn't full travel in the vid, I tend to ride around about 3/4 aired up with a small gap between tyre and guard. Fully aired up looks pretty monster truck like, especially in comparison to aired out haha

3. The setup needs to be dialed in, I'm getting camber plates for the fronts because they are maxed out and currently the guard sits on the tyre. Then hilariously the rear is running too much camber, it has way too much clearance and I want to be as least a part of a tilty wheel gang as possible.

4. Never tried it but in it's current state I can pretty safely say that's a big no :lol:

5. Compared to Shockworks, the handling characteristics are less direct, planted, and there is less driver feedback. Part of the handling downgrade would also be attributed to going from 235/40/18 AD08Rs to 225/40/18 PS4s.
One positive is that the drive is a little more comfortable and road noise has decreased.

6. Yes totally forgot about that, good call!

KelvinTaylor88

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods