UEL headers that fit 2.5i?

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

UEL headers that fit 2.5i?

Postby Horizon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 am

Looking for some UEL headers to bring out a bit of rumble, but can't find any that say they fit the 2.5i liberty.

Do 2.5 impreza UEL headers fit? If not what are my options?

Thanks
Horizon

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5SPD

Re: UEL headers that fit 2.5i?

Postby Liam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 am

Depends on if it’s post or pre facelift. There are plenty for pre facelift as they don’t have a cat in the manifold.
Liam

Car: 2009 Subaru liberty GEN4 2.5i

Postby Liam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:28 am

I’m looking for post FL headers but still can’t find any
Liam

Car: 2009 Subaru liberty GEN4 2.5i

Postby Horizon » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Worlds latest reply but I ended up going with a set made by Infernofab, these are the only direct fits I could find on the internet except for some discontinued Borla reps I found popping up now and then on ebay but they looked pretty ghetto. the infernofabs are quite pricey especially getting it shipped from the US to AUS.
You definitely can fit some 2.5rs or even wrx headers but you will need to pretty much get a full custom J-pipe which could be funky.

I am yet to put it on the car, but they bolt directly onto post facelift (~06+) 2.5i's (and maybe 2.0rs????) and for pre-facelifts like mine you have to need to buy an adjustable J-pipe (infernofab sells one without the cat which shouldn't throw a CEL as the rear o2 sensor is relocated onto the header (post-facelift design)) or buy a post-facelift J-pipe and have an exhaust shop shorten it a bit as well as buy a rear o2 sensor extension. This is the route I'm going with. The quality of the headers themselves are insane, welds are top notch and they got a wow from my machine shop when I got them coated.

This is the infernofab uel header (heat coated) with a cat in it like a post-facelift header, it ends next to the exhaust flange, if it were to suite the pre facelift J-pipe it would need end earlier, about in the middle of where the cat is.

Seemingly the rarest photo on the internet, this the stock 03-~06 pre-facelift header and J-pipe. They connect in the middle of the header, instead of next to the exhaust flange like the post-facelift.

This is the correct post-facelift J-pipe lying next to my pre-facelift setup. The post-face lift has only 1 cat in the J-pipe and is a bit longer then the pre-facelift so it would need to be cut down.
Horizon

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm

Top notch 2.5i info :good:
If you’re postfl, considering a tune?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Horizon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Thanks, I've got quite a lot of info I've figured out about the 2.5i's that I really couldn't find clearly explained on the internet, so I might make a little write up with pics to hopefully save people some headache when researching.

Mine is a pre-facelift, does this make a difference when considering a tune? I've never thought about doing anything power related apart from an air filter haha.
Horizon

Return to 2.5i engine specific