Airbag recalls, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS before going in

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Re: Airbag recalls, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS before going in

Postby Soon2bspecb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi all

So "Tonic" said that Cricks in Tweed did a really good job !

Who did yours "Gtb08" that you had trouble with .... as I'm from the Coast also and may want to avoid !

P.S. I was told that the airbag recall replacements weren't available when I asked 6 months ago?

Lindsay
Soon2bspecb

Postby teK-- » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:25 am

vinshonz wrote:Do you guys know if part of the process is to remove the whole top dash? (where the centre speaker is?)
Mentone said the first few was like that then they "refined" the install process and didn't need to remove it anymore *shrugs*

Anyways I've been contacted by Subaru Australia, they will look into the case for me

Mine was done several months ago and they didn't have to remove the whole dash. I'd already anticipated the risk of damage and already removed the whole centre console, a pillar trims, air vents, glovebox and lower dash trims. Better to be safe than sorry.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby steveP » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:46 am

That's exactly what I plan on doing. Remove all the flimsy stuff that they could easily break. Mean I can get my car back faster too.
steveP

Car: MY08 Liberty B Spec

Postby fedaykin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 am

teK-- wrote:Mine was done several months ago and they didn't have to remove the whole dash. I'd already anticipated the risk of damage and already removed the whole centre console, a pillar trims, air vents, glovebox and lower dash trims. Better to be safe than sorry.

Bloody hell this is a good idea
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby TBSTI-Wagon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am

Having just worked my way through a Nexus 7 install, I'm less than enamored with the idea of Subaru "techs" rooting around in my car potentially breaking (or thieving) bits...(I've installed a variety of components to make the tablet install work properly, including a horrendously expensive to buy FSL-21 DAC. I'd prefer it to stay where it is...

So...is there any way to DIY the airbag retrofit (assuming, of course, one can actually source the appropriate non-Takata airbag in the 1st place).

Or is it simply not worth the hassle...?
TBSTI-Wagon

Car: 2008 Liberty Wagon GT Spec B TBSTI

Postby fedaykin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Has to be done by Subaru. I'd just take everything out as per above poster.
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby vinshonz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 pm

i lost faith in this brand after my incident.

been looking at Audi S3s lol so tempting ;)
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby Gtb08 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:16 am

Soon2bspecb wrote:Hi all

So "Tonic" said that Cricks in Tweed did a really good job !

Who did yours "Gtb08" that you had trouble with .... as I'm from the Coast also and may want to avoid !

P.S. I was told that the airbag recall replacements weren't available when I asked 6 months ago?

Lindsay

Von Bibra at Southport - at least they came to the party when getting it fixed - painful tho as it was easily avoidable with an extra 15 mins of care taken. cost them alot more than that in the end.
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby teK-- » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm

vinshonz wrote:i lost faith in this brand after my incident.

been looking at Audi S3s lol so tempting ;)

Well they had airbag recalls too!
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Soon2bspecb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks Gtb08
Soon2bspecb

Postby notmyrealname » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Got mine done by Subaru Newstead in Brisbane. They even fitted a brand new dash for free because there were cracks in it and put the damage down to their work.

Unfortunately now I have had a stupid accident (my fault) and the car is probably not going to be worth repairing. Just waiting for a quote.
cheers, David

MY04 2.5i Wagon | DBA T2 rotors | Bendix pads | Bilsteins | OEM Sports Grille | Custom hail damage
notmyrealname

Car: 2004 2.5i wagon

Postby vinshonz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 pm

notmyrealname wrote:Got mine done by Subaru Newstead in Brisbane. They even fitted a brand new dash for free because there were cracks in it and put the damage down to their work.

Unfortunately now I have had a stupid accident (my fault) and the car is probably not going to be worth repairing. Just waiting for a quote.

I wish my dealership did that.. but no, bunch of greedy f....ks
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Previous

Return to General Chat