Swaybar Links Gen 4

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Swaybar Links Gen 4

Postby WhiteYeti » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 am

Gday all,

I need to replace the Swaybar links in the old girl (MY 08 GT Spec B) i have priced some but just wanted to see what brands people would recommend and what to stay away from before i purchase any. Genuine was way to expensive.
Cheers.
So ist Das Leben
WhiteYeti

Car: MY 08 GT Spec B, MY 10 Gen 5 2.5i

Re: Swaybar Links Gen 4

Postby teK-- » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Have been very happy with the Rallitek ones. OEM style but with steel ball joints with grease packing (OEM style, so they don't get noisy), but with uprated shaft diameter. The Whiteline ones withe greased joints are also good as long as you adjust the length correctly for your ride height.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby WhiteYeti » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Tek
So ist Das Leben
WhiteYeti

Car: MY 08 GT Spec B, MY 10 Gen 5 2.5i

Postby Cam_Haug » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:23 pm

I notice there seem to be 2 types, the solid ally with a bushing and the ball joint type, I am ready to replace mine as well and am wondering about the pros and cons of both?

Cam
Cam_Haug

Car: 07 Liberty GT Spec.b

Postby teK-- » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Bushing type gets dirty and can wear then become noisy. Rubber encased metal ball joint is continually greased and is best. Plastic joint (OEM) quiet but easy to break especially when uprating swaybar. All metal exposed balljoint type horrendously noisy.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.