Airbag recalls, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS before going in

Nearly everything is in here to start with.
If it's about your car, or Subaru's in general, put it in "Subaru Chat".

Airbag recalls, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS before going in

Postby vinshonz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi all

just want to warn everyone to take lots of photos before you hand in your car for the airbag recall
After seeing numerous people getting damaged dashes, I've taken some photos myself... too bad not enough to show the area

Booking was 10am, photos taken a 9.23am

This is the closest shot i have of that area before i handed in my car

This is after i picked up my car:
3cm long crack
couple of gouge marks

So far they just brushed me off saying its not their fault and they have a new method that does not remove the whole dash anymore, blah blah blah
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

My concern now is that crack will open up bigger in the sun
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Re: Airbag recalls, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS before going in

Postby Surge » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 pm

I'd contact Subaru Australia about that.

You might just have not gone to a good dealership.
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby vinshonz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:45 pm

just sent a email to subaru australia
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
vinshonz

Postby gtbsti » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Which dealership did yours? I had mine done without one mark or scratch on the dash ( i did the same as you and took photos of key points as evidence and printed them out on the day to the service tech).
gtbsti

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Tuned By STi Wagon
Profile URL: JDM Wagonist

Postby Gtb08 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:12 pm

mate i am taking mine back for the third time on thursday to rectify damage - been a nightmare - more new damage each time i take it.
fortunately i have video taken each time just before the dealer gets it, but scratches to cluster and radio, broken centre console, intermittent cluster lights not working, wining noise through stereo speakers when stereo is off,damaged pad (replaced) and the greasy grubby marks left on the pillar trims are signs of a very lazy and careless team....
id been a little happier if they just owned up to the damage and said sorry we will take care of it... but no- they say nothing and hope it goes unnoticed. no wonder people are deterred to use dealers
take photos and take video....time stamp it and take it as far as you can to have it rectified - but from my experience.... it causes more issues :(
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby vinshonz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 pm

gtbsti wrote:Which dealership did yours? I had mine done without one mark or scratch on the dash ( i did the same as you and took photos of key points as evidence and printed them out on the day to the service tech).

Mentone subaru was the closest to me

Yeah my photos were at keypoints of the glovebox & gear shift surround removal, did not expect damage on top of the dash :angry2:

Gtb08 wrote:mate i am taking mine back for the third time on thursday to rectify damage - been a nightmare - more new damage each time i take it.
fortunately i have video taken each time just before the dealer gets it, but scratches to cluster and radio, broken centre console, intermittent cluster lights not working, wining noise through stereo speakers when stereo is off,damaged pad (replaced) and the greasy grubby marks left on the pillar trims are signs of a very lazy and careless team....
id been a little happier if they just owned up to the damage and said sorry we will take care of it... but no- they say nothing and hope it goes unnoticed. no wonder people are deterred to use dealers
take photos and take video....time stamp it and take it as far as you can to have it rectified - but from my experience.... it causes more issues :(

How did you finally get them to do something about your car?
What else can i do when the service and workshop managers wont admit their mistakes?
they took a photo with a very old ipod, which is too pixelated to see anything...

My photos from a brand new Samsung S8+ and i basically got a before and after shot (the photos in this thread, i had resized it because it was too big for this forum)

vinshonz

Postby Gtb08 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm

vinshonz wrote:
gtbsti wrote:Which dealership did yours? I had mine done without one mark or scratch on the dash ( i did the same as you and took photos of key points as evidence and printed them out on the day to the service tech).

Mentone subaru was the closest to me

Yeah my photos were at keypoints of the glovebox & gear shift surround removal, did not expect damage on top of the dash :angry2:

Gtb08 wrote:mate i am taking mine back for the third time on thursday to rectify damage - been a nightmare - more new damage each time i take it.

How did you finally get them to do something about your car?
What else can i do when the service and workshop managers wont admit their mistakes?
they took a photo with a very old ipod, which is too pixelated to see anything...

My photos from a brand new Samsung S8+ and i basically got a before and after shot (the photos in this thread, i had resized it because it was too big for this forum)

I didn't drive out before accepting the car.

the service adviaser walks you to the car and I just started pointing things out to the service adviser. then he got photos taken themselves.

after that they repaired/painted everything and it didnt look good at all. again I pointed it out to service adviser and emailed photos myself to the manager.

then they replaced the dash pad and caused more damage elsewhere, again pointed out and got manager out.....getting worse too - when dash lights, stereo/ ac controls dont work after, and did previous time they worked on it.... makes you doubt their capabilities.
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Postby Tonic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm

New owners of Subaru Sth Tweed - cricks. Got a text saying part was in (lhs vent). Rang them and they said we cracked the vent and the new one has arrived. Went and checked and yes tiny crack top left corner. Popped in and they replaced it in minutes. Only thing was they hadn’t told me when I picked it up the first time.
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Postby Gtb08 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Tonic wrote:New owners of Subaru Sth Tweed - cricks. Got a text saying part was in (lhs vent). Rang them and they said we cracked the vent and the new one has arrived. Went and checked and yes tiny crack top left corner. Popped in and they replaced it in minutes. Only thing was they hadn’t told me when I picked it up the first time.

least they owned up to it... good service.
my dealer left a gaping hole in the centre console around the shift and still said nothing...... :roll:
Gtb08

Postby vinshonz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Do you guys know if part of the process is to remove the whole top dash? (where the centre speaker is?)
Mentone said the first few was like that then they "refined" the install process and didn't need to remove it anymore *shrugs*

Anyways I've been contacted by Subaru Australia, they will look into the case for me

vinshonz

Postby vinshonz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Well well well

subaru will help their dealerships

"Hi Vincent,

Thank you for providing those photos.

I have spoken with the service manager at Subaru Mentone who has advised that they have already discussed this case with you, stating that they do not believe the damage was caused by the technicians in their workshop.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. "

Disgusting.

vinshonz

Postby Gtb08 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 pm

vinshonz wrote:Well well well

subaru will help their dealerships

"Hi Vincent,

Thank you for providing those photos.

I have spoken with the service manager at Subaru Mentone who has advised that they have already discussed this case with you, stating that they do not believe the damage was caused by the technicians in their workshop.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. "

Disgusting.

That really is terrible service - should start posting up the disappointment on social and warn others not to go there.
Gtb08

Postby steveP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 am

Yeah, I'd post it on the Facebook page. Terrible service, especially after 2 opportunities to fix the issue.
steveP

Car: MY08 Liberty B Spec

Postby vinshonz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:09 pm

steveP wrote:Yeah, I'd post it on the Facebook page. Terrible service, especially after 2 opportunities to fix the issue.

Unfortunately im one of those rare people that never signed up to Facebook :oops:

Well i tried to escalate this even further, but got turned down.

Because i drove my car away and came back, their not liable for the damage spotted afterwards.

I went down to the local car wash for 15 mins to extensively check out my car. Jesus christ

vinshonz

Postby Sotko » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:28 pm

That is abysmal service. :angry2: :angry2:

As for not removing the dash anymore, not what I was told when I had mine done last week. Was told they remove the whole dash which is why they need the car all day. 3 hours late got the SMS saying the car was ready.. :lol:
Sotko

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Auto

Next

Return to General Chat