Member Profile - Shaheenis

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shaheenis

Postby Shaheenis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Sadly I have still not fitted any of the GroupN STI mounts or rear Swifts however I have some rear butt spacer prototypes and expect to fit these with the rear springs in the W/C 20/12.

I have a daughter who is now 10 months old and the last 10+ months have literally been a blur.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby HardwareBoB » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:40 am

Shaheenis wrote:Sadly I have still not fitted any of the GroupN STI mounts or rear Swifts however I have some rear butt spacer prototypes and expect to fit these with the rear springs in the W/C 20/12.

I have a daughter who is now 10 months old and the last 10+ months have literally been a blur.

haha, it does happen like that doesn't it. My 5 year old is now "helping" me (aka stealing my tools, putting them in weird places, and calling them "his")
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby Shaheenis » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Minor update I have recently fitted the 6MT Group-N transmission mount and a Exedy HD clutch. Car is definitely tighter, a little bit of vibration due to 6MT mount but I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as bad as expected. The HD clutch was a shock when I first got it but after ~500ks I am used to it and no longer regret getting it. I can't wait until I find the time to install the Grimmspeed uppipe and finally fit the rear Swift springs sitting in the shed.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby Shaheenis » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Spent a bit of time on the wagon lately. I had a failed windscreen washer pump which I needed to replace ($20 posted from Ebay same brand as original versus $100 quoted from Subaru). Fairly straight forward job but you have to take the guard lining out of the passenger wheel and then I had it out for a week while I waited for my pump.

Also when I bought my car it had an aftermarket reverse camera install which goes through to the Sat Nav screen. Great feature but it stopped working years ago and would only come on intermittently. After ages trying to troubleshoot the issue it turned out to be the camera. I replaced it with a Autobarn ~$100 Parkmate item (https://www.autobarn.com.au/parkmate-cd ... a-cdd-28kn) and now all working as it should - yey!

Took the opportunity to replace my tailgate number plate globes with 5xSMD LEDs for ~$15 (also from Autobarn) and they look heaps better and not too bright. Also decided to get some LED globes for the reverse lights (~$40) also from Autobarn and geez what a difference. Looks heaps better and very bright.

Have been wanting to do something more with my exhaust for ages, not for performance reasons but moreso to get a touch more noise out the back. I didn't want to replace the STI muffs and didn't want aftermarket 2.5" Y-pipe matting to a 1.5" muffler entry. In the end I spoke to a reputable exhaust shop who recommended I replace the factory resonator with a Magnaflow 4" straight through barrel mid muffler, not glass pack hotdog but barrel, 2.5" in/out , 14" long and 4" chamber. Sounds really good, no drone, much deeper sounding and not much louder in the cabin than stock but enough for it to feel sporty.

Oh I also replaced my steering wheel with a non-Momo out of a Gen4 Heritage with low Ks. I wanted a wheel that showed no signs of wear without spending $700 on an aftermarket one like a DAMD. I actually don't like the replacement it is too skinny and synthetic leather so I am planning to strip the factory PU coating from my MOMO and redye and finish in fresh PU coating. I am importing some product from the UK to do this.

Next mod I am considering is wheels. I have been in two minds. Want a change but love the stock GTB wheels on the white car. Looking seriously at Rota Gravel's in Hyperblack 18x8 +45s but just having troubles justifying the ~$1300. I am now looking into 10mm spacers to get a better stance without needing to roll guards. Will keep things updated and once I find somewhere to host my pics now that Photobucket have fugged everyone I will put some up.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby Gtb08 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm

if its not tool late i would seriously consider this self install leather wrap for your Momo wheel.... thickens it up really nice and has a factory look blending in with the leather.

cheap and easy permanent alternative for a worn steering wheel. though your wheel is off, I didn't find it necessary to remove it on the Gen 4

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=34867
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby Shaheenis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for the tip Tony I will check that out, looks like a good option however I really like the factory look of the wheel. Might finish it in a matt versus a gloss finish though.

Also forgot to mention that I polished my headlights with DA and PlastX so they are looking nice and clear and also polished all of the external glass surfaces with the DA, a glass polishing pad and glass polishing compound and finished off with some RainX. I will have to look into other sealing products for glass that last longer though.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby Gtb08 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Shaheenis wrote:Thanks for the tip Tony I will check that out, looks like a good option however I really like the factory look of the wheel. Might finish it in a matt versus a gloss finish though.

Also forgot to mention that I polished my headlights with DA and PlastX so they are looking nice and clear and also polished all of the external glass surfaces with the DA, a glass polishing pad and glass polishing compound and finished off with some RainX. I will have to look into other sealing products for glass that last longer though.

agree - the matt finish on these does look better than the factory finish

what do you mean by DA? like an orbital polisher? was it a full 3 part job on the headlights?
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby Shaheenis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Tony yes I used a DA polisher (Concours 908) just with a 4" black finishing pad and Meguiars PlastX and although they looked great at the time I can still see some fog which appears to be deeper or inside the lens. I checked out the Meguiars restorer kits for ~$80 but not willing to spend that if it doesn't make any difference. It is essentially PlastX (which I have) a flat polishing pad as linked below and a sealant. I am not sure what the sealant is but I suspect it is something more permanent/durable than a wax. Some of those headlight restorer kits include sand paper pads, would love to know whether they are actually sandpaper and if so what grit.

For the glass I used the following product:
Detailers Paradise High Performance Glass Restorer
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/dp-hi ... -473-936ml

With the following DA glass polishing pad:
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/carpr ... cro-75-130

Bought some 9 SMD Aerpro LEDs for my parkers today as I think the ones I chose previously are under powered for parkers.

Cheers,
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby Shaheenis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Just updated tune to Matt's latest - V7. I don't know what has changed as communication with Matt is minimal, I just trust and install :).

Good news is that I really like the feel of the tune. "I' mode is definitely very driveable now and in fact it is now my default. On the last tune and with my HD clutch I was struggling to smoothly change gears and the latest tune has somehow managed to improve this. The throttle feels less twitchy/revy yet more torquey when engaged making for a much nicer drive. Acceleration is smooth and strong. Need to do some more spirited driving in 'S' and 'S#' to really test it out but so far so good.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby shav » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 am

Shaheenis wrote:Just updated tune to Matt's latest - V7. I don't know what has changed as communication with Matt is minimal, I just trust and install :).

Good news is that I really like the feel of the tune. "I' mode is definitely very driveable now and in fact it is now my default. On the last tune and with my HD clutch I was struggling to smoothly change gears and the latest tune has somehow managed to improve this. The throttle feels less twitchy/revy yet more torquey when engaged making for a much nicer drive. Acceleration is smooth and strong. Need to do some more spirited driving in 'S' and 'S#' to really test it out but so far so good.

That is pretty much how I describe his 'I' mode with this tune too. A lot more useable and nicer to drive. I noticed a 50km per tank better economy also when using I mode. Sports is still good and Sports # just feels torquey everywhere.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Shaheenis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Finally got my reverse light switch fitted today. Was going to do myself but I am just too time poor so took it to John French, easy done. Decided to pull my gear shifter bushes out of the shed from Corgiwerx that I never had fitted and got them done too, 1.5hrs labour all up seemed fair to me. All sorted, my reverse lights and camera work as they should and I cannot believe how new my gear shifter feels. Night and day. Also decided to book in next week to have new SuperPro control arm bushes fitted (the +1 caster ones). Will be an expensive job but hopefully worth it.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Previous

Return to Post your mods