MY11 WRX quads for Gen V wagon

Exhaust modifications

Re: MY11 WRX quads for Gen V wagon

Postby muzza » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Update:
Decided to adjust the tips for a better centering in the cutout.
Initially thought some oxy-acetylene heating would allow me to bend the stainless tail pipes - nope, too tough to bend even at red-hot.

Plan B was then to cut the tailpipes a bit shorter , adjust the polished tips up a bit and apply the oxy to the hangers so I could bend them to get the cans to sit higher.

Better result now. (BBB might approve? :lol: )
ImageIMG_1356 - Copy by Murray, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1354 - Copy by Murray, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1350 - Copy by Murray, on Flickr
Muzza
MY13 GT wagon auto - SOLD.
MY19 Golf R wagon current
muzza

Car: MY19 Golf R wagon

Postby vinshonz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:35 pm

i wonder if Daalder Boxhill & Daalder Dandenong are related or not?

Daalder dandenong they quoted $600 to fit turbo back onto my car, i walked out lol
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby muzza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am

Yeah,they used to be.

Not sure if there was some brothers who ran them and they are retiring or sold the business with the rights to keep the trading name, and the Box Hill end was sold to someone separate?

I remember asking the Box Hill owner about it a few years back and I think that was the case, they were offloading the Box Hill site to reduce their business or something.
Muzza
muzza

Postby Subied0 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:18 pm

hey muzza how much of a difference over the stock ones are they sound wise very keen to give this a go on my gen v wagon i have already removed the center muffler
Subied0

Car: my10 Liberty Gt premium wagon

Postby muzza » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 am

Hi David - sorry for late reply - I think you've already done this by now but definite growl/rumble, makes exhaust audible but can be a bit boomy in the wagon if you have a tune but Matt can fiddle his to improve a bit. (Stock tune doesn't make it boom noticeably).
Muzza
muzza

Postby TBSTI-Wagon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:17 am

muzza wrote:Hi David - sorry for late reply - I think you've already done this by now but definite growl/rumble, makes exhaust audible but can be a bit boomy in the wagon if you have a tune but Matt can fiddle his to improve a bit. (Stock tune doesn't make it boom noticeably).

Bit late to this thread, but thought I'd add my congrats to the others. I like the fact that you're a bit "anal" about getting things right, even if it means a few goes at it. (Reminds me of myself a bit ;) )

Not sure that there's a whole hell of a lot that can be done to tidy up the rear of a Gen 5 (What were they thinking?), but I must say, the way you've set up those pipes is a very good start! Looks great.
TBSTI-Wagon

Car: 2008 Liberty Wagon GT Spec B TBSTI

Postby muzza » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 am

TBSTI-Wagon wrote:
Not sure that there's a whole hell of a lot that can be done to tidy up the rear of a Gen 5 (What were they thinking?), but I must say, the way you've set up those pipes is a very good start! Looks great.

Thanks - I don't mind the Gen V look really - sure its not as elegant as the Gen IV, but the room inside makes it better. Handling is fine and the stock turbo has a bit more to give.

I think badly done pipes look shit frankly, as do ones with tips that are insanely big. I wanted to try to get a factory look that's subtle - difficult with the oval cutouts which are really only suited to single tips.

I added door bump strips which I think helps break up the slab sides. The front to me has come into its own amongst more contemporary cars with bigger headlights, but again not as elegant as before. A sports mesh grille make a good difference to me.
Muzza
muzza

Previous

Return to Exhausts