Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 pm

UPDATE

The final exhaust parts have finally arrived and been installed.
Here is the breakdown of the new setup:

- Raptor Headers
- 3rd Cat Delete (Other two kept stock)
- K2 Gear Catback
- HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers.

Here is a rough sound clip I took today, let me know what you all think!

Last edited by KelvinTaylor88 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:39 pm

UPDATE

Well I hope no one loved the K2 catback exhaust sound above and forgot to tell me because it is already gone! :lol:
A very unique system with great quality as expected from K2 but it was just not the sound that I was after.

Instead, check out the sound of my new exhaust setup and let me know what you think! (This was as soon as I got back from the exhaust shop, will post better video once the exhaust has settled)

Raptor Headers, 3rd Cat Delete (Other 2 kept stock), 2.25" mild steel custom catback with hot dog resonator from Daalder Exhausts in Box Hill, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers.
A much more deep and aggressive note, which is what I wanted. Much louder too (may be a touch too loud but I'll see how I feel after some time).

Other updates to report
I have 3 items about to depart on a container from Japan. Very fortunate to have 3 items from the bucket list all come up on Yahoo Auctions at the same time and I am very excited to arrive.
If anyone can guess what they are they may win a prize.
All will be revealed soon. 8)
Last edited by KelvinTaylor88 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby vinshonz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:02 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:UPDATE

- Raptor Headers
- K2 Gear Catback

K2 gear cat back? removed the mufflers for HKS mufflers?
where did the k2 mufflers go?
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:57 pm

vinshonz wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:UPDATE

- Raptor Headers
- K2 Gear Catback

K2 gear cat back? removed the mufflers for HKS mufflers?
where did the k2 mufflers go?

Bought the k2 catback second hand, it did not come with mufflers.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby vinshonz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:13 pm

yeah sorry got confused with the terminology

2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm

vinshonz wrote:yeah sorry got confused with the terminology

Nah I understand where you are coming from, catback by definition does include mufflers it's just often also used to refer to just the mid and y pipe.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 pm

UPDATE/FOR SALE POST

Got some new wheels out of the blue, and both sets are currently up for sale.
Message if you are interested! Without further ado...

Rays 57 Maximum 18 x 8.5 +45 w/ Kumho KU31 235/40/18 Tyres
$2000
Full AD: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caulfield-north/wheels-tyres-rims/-rare-rays-57-maximum-18-x-8-5-45-w-kumho-ku31-235-40-18-tyres/1164600991

Rays 57 Pro with Limited Edition Titanium Lip 18 x 8 +40 w/ Yokohama AD08R Tyres
$4000
Full AD: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caulfield-north/wheels-tyres-rims/-rare-rays-57-pro-titanium-lip-18-x-8-40-w-yokohama-ad08r-tyres/1164595977

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 pm

LONG TIME NO UPDATE!

So since my last update I may have gone a little wheel crazy...

First we traded the Rays 57 Maximums above for a set of Work CR Kiwamis 18 x 9.5 +38 but they were sold before ever going on the car.

Then came a set of Enkei NT03-M 18 x 9.5 +40 that I found real cheap because one was damaged. Upon consulting various wheel shops around Melbourne and realising it was not repairable, I decided against sourcing a new single wheel and sold them on for someone else to do the honours...

Then finally came a set of wheels I actually put on my car! A gorgeous set of Advan Connoisseurs 151C 18 x 8 +38...

I still kind of regret this but the offer was simply too good and I traded the Connoisseurs for cash and a set of Volk CE28N 17 x 7.5 +50.

The CE28Ns were sold quickly and I may have gone a little crazy on Yahoo Auctions and imported two sets of wheels...

1. Advan Kreutzers Xi 18 x 8 +35

2. Advan Racing RZII 18 x 8 +48

THEN both of these sets were sold and I imported another set of wheels, this time from UpGarage. I think these were one of the best looking wheels for the liberty I have owned along with the Connoisseurs. Enkei RS05 18 x 8 +38 in the beautiful Shadow Black Chrome finish.

SO I would have stopped there surely?? Nope. Sold the Enkeis and bought a set of Work 11R 18 x 8.5 +47, which I really only bought for the brand new Advan AD08R tyres that were on them. Nevertheless a very nice looking wheel.

And those AD08Rs are now sitting on my new set of wheels that have finally been fitting today after an extensive refurbishment, guard work, and install of some whiteline bits to get them to fit...
But that is an update for another day :twisted:
Last edited by KelvinTaylor88 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm

UPDATEEEEEE

I'm too excited, so here is the new wheel setup!

- Work CR2P 18 x 9.5 +38
- Yokohama AD08R 235/40/18 Tyres
- Genuine Work Centre Caps
- Muteki Neochrome Lug Nuts with Locks

Question is, do I keep the Muteki Neochrome lug nuts with locks or switch over to my McGard Chrome Splinedrives with locks.

Kind of like the hint of rainbow personally...
But the McGard nuts are better quality and closed end design which I prefer...
Last edited by KelvinTaylor88 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby dmhc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:56 am

the last two posts have been an epic read - you've changed wheels more than some change underwear. :lol: I think you've settled on the right set, though.

I wonder what was involved to get them to fit under the guards? I imagine it's a setup that scrubs however it looks awesome sitting still. any specs on camber/toe you can share?
dmhc

Car: 08 GT spec.B 5EAT

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:46 am

dmhc wrote:the last two posts have been an epic read - you've changed wheels more than some change underwear. :lol: I think you've settled on the right set, though.

I wonder what was involved to get them to fit under the guards? I imagine it's a setup that scrubs however it looks awesome sitting still. any specs on camber/toe you can share?

I know! I even have more sets of wheels on the way because I am a maniac, however these wheels will be staying on the car.

To get them to fit I am on Shockworks Coilovers first of all, Whiteline KTA124 control arms, Whiteline KCA399 rear control arm bushings, rolled and pulled guards, trimming of the plastic panels behind the doors in the rear.
Still need to trim and fit the guard linings better, and put some camber bolts in the front to get them to tuck a little better.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Another photo of the new wheel setup

Also while we are updating photos, here are the parts I have coming in from Japan...

1. Rays 57 Pro with limited Edition TItanium Lip 18 x 8 +48

2. Advan Connoisseurs 151C 17 x 7.5 +50

3. Enkei RS05 18 x 7.5 +50

4. Work XT7 18 x 8.5 +38

5. JDM Spec B Bar with ZeroSports Lip (To replace my beaten up zerosports lip!)

All parts will be for sale if anyone actually reads this!
Last edited by KelvinTaylor88 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby applegeek897 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 am

Haha you're crazy with all these goodies on the way from Japan haha.

The most recent wheel setup really is looking freaking insane man. Suits your car to a tee I feel. Love it!
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:46 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Haha you're crazy with all these goodies on the way from Japan haha.

The most recent wheel setup really is looking freaking insane man. Suits your car to a tee I feel. Love it!

Haha yeah I think after 15 sets of wheels it can definitely be classified as an addiction!

Absolutely love the new wheels, and the plan is to run them for the foreseeable future and keep one of the rainbow sets as spares.
Rest will have to go! Even the beautiful Enkei RS05, which look amazing on your car mate!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby Spec BSC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
applegeek897 wrote:Haha you're crazy with all these goodies on the way from Japan haha.

Haha yeah I think after 15 sets of wheels it can definitely be classified as an addiction!

Absolutely love the new wheels, and the plan is to run them for the foreseeable future and keep one of the rainbow sets as spares.
Rest will have to go! Even the beautiful Enkei RS05, which look amazing on your car mate!

Wow, so many combo's. My personal favourites were the Matt RS05R
The first engine died after eating to much CAT
The second engine died of a broken piston
The third engine is in the car
The fourth engine is in the machine shop

So far: Rotrex Supercharger (16 psi) FMIC,DW300c fuel pump, ID1050 injectors
Producing 431bhp and 350 lb/ft torque on the Rotrex SC not finished yet
Raptor headers, 75mm Milltek exhaust with Quad tips,
Custom made 4032 forged pistons by JE Pistons, forged conrods, Exedy Clutch
K sport 8 pot front, 4 pot rears all on 330mm discs, Hel brake lines
Meister R coil overs, Whiteline 21mm rear ARB, Perrin end links and strengthening brackets
Complete Whiteline kit for the front suspension including steering rack
One off Carbon effect Front grill, Carbon lip spoiler, Exterior De-chromed, LED interior light conversion.
Recaro Leather front seats with all functionality.
Waist spoiler, Smoked rear lights,, LED sill plates, LED sidelights
Prodrive PFF7's 18x8, in Bronze shod with 235/40/18 Goodyears.
Spec BSC

Car: Spec B supercharged, forged engine
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=25835

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods