Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Postby lorby » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately the ash tray is getting the info panel relocated to it so no gauges there. Will have to have a think about it and maybe get creative :shock:

Yeah, swaybar fits fine, who said it wouldn't?
lorby

Car: MY05 3.0R-b

Postby lorby » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:26 am

Efficient shipping from Japan again.

lorby

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Great build mate, impressive stuff with all the work you've put into it already.
Should get a sound clip up of the exhaust once you're happy with it!
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby lorby » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Cheers mate.
Still not overly happy with the exhaust. Very raspy and occasionally droney.

Have to put a short hold on the work on this one. Other car needs it's box pulled, reseal bell housing and change throwout bearing, have to do some more braising on it's oil drain as well.
lorby

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:54 pm

lorby wrote:Cheers mate.
Still not overly happy with the exhaust. Very raspy and occasionally droney.

Have to put a short hold on the work on this one. Other car needs it's box pulled, reseal bell housing and change throwout bearing, have to do some more braising on it's oil drain as well.

Exhaust is a tricky one to nail down and get right, hope you get it sorted to your liking!
I'm in the process of compiling all my parts together and installing for what will hopefully be a unique and nice sounding system.

Sounds like you've got you're work cut out for you, is this for the 89 lude?
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby lorby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 am

Cheers. Yep, definitely tricky and very subjective! Let us know how yours go.

Nah, the 89 has gone to car heaven, this is the turbo 91. It looks as though it's possibly the driveshaft seal for the mid/half shaft. So have swapped that over, will see how it goes now!

Looks like I'm being forced to fit my HID kit I've had sitting around for a while now! Headlights blew last night :O
lorby

Postby lorby » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 pm

So looks like photobucket has dicked everything up by disabling 3rd party linking. Qill have to try and change all the links and lose the thumbnails until I move them all :(.

Anywho. Worked on the turbo prelude a fair but. Ended up being the midshaft seal rather than the bellhousing itself so luckily didn't have to pull the whole box. 'Have just finished changing the turbo drain as it was still leaking. Used a 60 degree fitting on the sump and an oringed turbo flange for much better sealing and fitment (at great expense). Re braised and sealed the sump fitting for my oil temp adapter also. Now hopefully the only leak is the PS rack, which I'm putting off for as long as possible :P.

Back to liberty stuff! Helped a friend change his centre diff over in his 6mt PostFL GT. Lots of fun :/. At least it was a bit easier having done it once before. The dowels were a bitch though.

On mine have changed over the whiteline universal style endlinks after endless issues with them breaking free after a period of time and causing knocks. Put on some solid style perrin endlinks. So far 100x better, will have to test their longevity though, not overly happy about the angle (it's slightly better than the pic after I added the extra washers, but still not ideal). Time will tell!

Looks like I'm losing a wheel bearing too, after about 10 mins on the highway she starts making a high pitched whining that gets noisier. It's hard to tell which rear wheel it is though, will wait a little while till it gets louder and pin point it hopefully.

Next issue I'm having with the lib though, is the stupid idle. Under braking when coming to a stop it drops fairly low. Makes it difficult/dangerous when trying to take off quickly from a near stop at round abouts etc. I've done a bit of research but nothing seems to be helping so far. Changed the PCV valve, cleaned the hose. Throttle body cleaned the butterfly, cleaned maf sensor. Tried bleeding coolant a few times. No engine lights, but will have to put the data logger on, any ideas what sensors might help find the issue? Thanks guys!
lorby

Postby Spec BSC » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Mine does the same thing when you pull up, Like you I have checked loads of item's, O2 sensors are my next guess.
The first engine died after eating to much CAT
The second engine died of a broken piston
The third engine is in the car
The fourth engine is in the machine shop

So far: Rotrex Supercharger (16 psi) FMIC,DW300c fuel pump, ID1050 injectors
Producing 431bhp and 350 lb/ft torque on the Rotrex SC not finished yet
Raptor headers, 75mm Milltek exhaust with Quad tips,
Custom made 4032 forged pistons by JE Pistons, forged conrods, Exedy Clutch
K sport 8 pot front, 4 pot rears all on 330mm discs, Hel brake lines
Meister R coil overs, Whiteline 21mm rear ARB, Perrin end links and strengthening brackets
Complete Whiteline kit for the front suspension including steering rack
One off Carbon effect Front grill, Carbon lip spoiler, Exterior De-chromed, LED interior light conversion.
Recaro Leather front seats with all functionality.
Waist spoiler, Smoked rear lights,, LED sill plates, LED sidelights
Prodrive PFF7's 18x8, in Bronze shod with 235/40/18 Goodyears.
Spec BSC

Car: Spec B supercharged, forged engine
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=25835

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah look in the "strange noises inside dash " thread for toms ebay noise detection kit last posts.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Spec BSC wrote:Mine does the same thing when you pull up, Like you I have checked loads of item's, O2 sensors are my next guess.

Same issue here. Also getting to the point where I get some O2 sensors.

Seems to be worse when it is cold. Was told the other day that it is the heater element that dies in the O2 sensors. The sensor needs to be steady at the correct temp for it to work. Once the car warms up it runs easier, though not quite perfect.
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:14 pm

lorby wrote:
Back to liberty stuff! Helped a friend change his centre diff over in his 6mt PostFL GT. Lots of fun :/. At least it was a bit easier having done it once before. The dowels were a bitch though.

I'm looking to pull my centre diff out and get it done when I replace my clutch. Any hints you can share that will help speed me along?
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby lorby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:03 pm

If you're taking the box out anyway, centre diff should be heaps easier. I did them both box still in.

Ordered a set of the microphone/stethoscope things! They look pretty handy, cheers for the link

Have also ordered some denso AFR sensors and a MAF sensor, will see how everything goes.
lorby

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 am

dan_ashcroft wrote:
lorby wrote:

I'm looking to pull my centre diff out and get it done when I replace my clutch. Any hints you can share that will help speed me along?

Corgiwerks cdiff refurb/upgrade service, add a 06+ STi torsen front diff.
New rear main seal (its fitted flush with the block, not all the way in), reseal rear aos, new o ring/sealant in rear gudgeon pin cover, new clutch fork, throw out bearing & spigot bearing, machine & balance flywheel, braided clutch line, upgrade engine, box & shifter mounts & bushes...
So much stuff I just went with a younger upgrade box :P
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby lorby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:18 am

Also installed these bad boys in the front. Trying to match the saggy rear :P

lorby

Postby lorby » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Finally got up to installing my nexus mod. Hit a bit of a snag though. How did people get around this? The old air vent is like twice the length of the new jap fascia one, no way it's going to reach

lorby

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods