WTB 2009 Gen 4 B Spec (Type R) Manual Wagon-not rare then?!?

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB 2009 Gen 4 B Spec (Type R) Manual Wagon-not rare then?!?

Postby Jamo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Yes yes I know, rather rare.

Happy to settle for *just a* B Spec ( as opposed to the Type R)

Must be manual, must be a Wagon
FSH, Low Km's etc

happy to pay top dollar for a top car - will buy from anywhere in Australia - cash buyer.

thanks for looking
Jamo

Re: WTB 2009 Gen 4 B Spec (Type R) Manual Wagon-not rare the

Postby Jamo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 am

Or happy with auto.. though must be MY09 and Wagin..

Still looking !!
Jamo

Postby tom_kauf » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:33 am

There are 5 or 6 GTSpecBs or TbSTi Wagons for sale online at the moment, but they're all MY08 from what I can see. Any particular reason for needing a MY09?
Is it because of the TSB/Recall issue they head very early in 2008?
You could narrow it down to the month and make sure they were made after the issues they had. Apart from that they're exactly the same as an MY08 except some have dark silver interior trim pieces beside the headunit.

Would you consider a Tuned By STi? There's 1 for sale at the moment. They're much rarer than the GTSpecBs, and you actually get something for your money - bigger brakes, different suspension etc.
The GTSpecB R is no different to a GTSpecB except seat colour (the orange/red leather they all come in is a bit ugly in my opinion but some people like it), and DVD playback capable headunit, and slightly better Satnav map quality I believe (still looks dated by now though). The GTSpecB Rs are the most rare, but there's no good reason why they should be. They're not better in any substantial way.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Jamo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi mate appreciate the reply.

Finally found an 09 from Adelaide, B Spec Wagon ( not an R). Just arrived by truck.. now have to go through the merry go round of licensing !

The reason I wanted the 09’is because I wanted the last of the Gen 4s before they changed to that terrible Gen 5 American look..
Still looking for a Tupe R wagon though to garage .. bloody rare ( possibly only 20 wagons
Made)
Jamo

Postby tom_kauf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Ok, good to hear!

Good luck with it, and registration.

Yeah, I'd say very few Rs were made in Wagon (not sure of the exact number though).
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Return to Wanted to Buy