Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Postby lorby » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Rear diff done with motul 300 gear oil

Added AVO HD rear mounts, upgraded the swaybar and added new end links from whiteline

Purchased the preface Boosted performance parts front lip. Really looking forward to it, unfortunately didn't really think about it as the page said 03-06 liberty, GT & 3.0R. Didn't really think this didn't include the spec B variants :(. None of the mounts really line up properly and it has big gaps, clearly not going to work

Helped my friend who has just bought his first lib also. An 06 GT-B.
Did castrol edge 5w40, K&N filter and syntrax 75w90 in the gearbox to hopefully make it a bit smoother. Cleaned up a few things and checked some stuff out. Stripped the gearbox drain plug (not the torx diff one), second one now, apparently made of butter. Replaced it with something a bit better. M16 1.5 thread if anyone else is curious.

Edit: Have just been looking at other peoples posts etc. And there doesn't seem to be a specific preface spec B specific lip available? Are the bumpers actually different, or do they all just have this dumb gap near the sides and require extra fitting? I'm not really up on the cosmetics of it all. Ultrex also only have one preface lip available but on postface they split spec b and normal up.

On a similar note, are all the preface grills the same? There's the fibreglass ultrex one that seems pretty affordable.
lorby

Car: MY05 3.0R-b

Postby lorby » Thu May 04, 2017 11:36 am

New gaskets! Will probably fit them this weekend along with the front swaybar. Going to spray the shocks also and check for bilstein knock.

Grinded away a small section of the xforce flange as it's been touching the tail shaft :(. The flange is about 30% bigger than it needs to be!

Ended up fitting the front lip, looks like the only option is putting up with the odd fitment

lorby

Postby lorby » Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Front swaybar on now. This is the only pic I have atm unfortunately

Fitted a new Perrin pitch stopper

Old one was a bit shot

Started fitting all my hardware to get my old Autometer guages up and running (Oil pressure and temp). Added a Perrin sandwich plate and ran the oil pressure sender remotely. Need to work out what kind of gauge holder I should get and where to put it, interior is filling up fast.

I took the engine cover off pretty much as soon as I got the car as I have a pretty big dislike for them. And this is one of those reasons. I've only just noticed it had cut into one of the fuel lines

And now one more very expensive piece of second hand plastic from japan! Got a second hand nexus to go with it. Next up is the info panel relocation kit, but need to let the funds replenish a bit first

Also have on the way, some remsa front pads and brembo rears (I originally ordered Brembo fronts, but they've been on back order for more than 5 weeks now and they keep delaying...sigh..), Some DBA T2 slotted front rotors and a set of new Bilstein B6 shocks, at great expense I might add!
lorby

Postby applegeek897 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Interesting, I didn't know the pitch stop mount worked on an H6, might have to grab myself one now...
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby lorby » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 pm

It's for the 6 speed itself so it doesn't bolt to the motor at all
lorby

Postby lorby » Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Fun weekend ahead!

lorby

Postby applegeek897 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Shit man, you got thing happening fast on this!
applegeek897

Postby lorby » Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks mate!

Got a bit done over the weekend. Didn't get up to the plugs but will do them later. Rear shocks were a bitch, had to pull all my audio stuff out of the boot to get to the tops. Did a lot of research about brake grease to use on the pins that have a rubber bushing, after reading some horror stories of it swelling and seizing the pin. Ended up trying Bendix ceramic (smurf jizz as it's called). Left it on a bush for 4-5 hours to see if it had an effect and it didn't seem to swell, so will see how it goes!

Can't see a brand on these, no shims either.

Having some springy fun!

Heres the Perrin sandwich plate also

Next weekend I will be dropping the transmission fluid again. Having a lot of trouble with the large 22mm drain plug bolt. I didn't have a crush washer at the time big enough and a few people online said it isn't a crush washer anyway. Well what do you know, it's been leaking pretty good. Have some proper crush washers and will put one on. Also going to change out the 14mm diff drain plug as I chewed it pretty good getting it out the first time (apparently Subaru decided this bolt needed to be made of soft cheese).
lorby

Postby robsH6 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 am

lorby wrote:
Grinded away a small section of the xforce flange as it's been touching the tail shaft :(. The flange is about 30% bigger than it needs to be!

Only just saw this now! I had the exact same issue on my H6 too, i grinded down the whole thing, it stopped it from hitting but as soon as the muffler is raised it up to correct its shitty fitment (xforce mufflers) it starts to touch! Now the tailshaft has a lovely rotating line around it due to the excessive flange. :x
robsH6

Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Postby lorby » Mon May 29, 2017 11:00 am

Yup, sounds exactly the same! I've kept the mufflers fairly low and have added a larger and stronger bush on the mid pipe to keep it from lifting as high. Seems to be ok at the moment, but I'm not really a big fan of the muffler sound anyway so I might change them anyway. I have absolutely no idea why they made that flange so massively oversized in the first place.
lorby

Postby lorby » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 am

Dropped transmission fluid, changed washer on the 22mm bolt. And changed the 14mm butter bolt for one with a magnet and a 19mm head!

This is what was left :?

Front of the car from below is looking pretty good!!

Also now ordered the info panel relocation kit in preparation for the nexus install
lorby

Postby lorby » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:58 am

So, looking at this nexus install. I have a preface, so there's no standard obd2 output (like the Bluetooth adapters people use). I do have an FTDI 232 USB adapter that does work with logging etc but it's only to usb. I can use the otg adapter with the nexus and hardwire it in behind the dash. But does this work with the nexus and things like torque. They look like they expect a basic obd2 standard and seem to support mostly Bluetooth and wifi adapters rather then USB ones. If anyone has some advice, that would be great :).

Another question for peeps, looking at adding my 3 gauges, all 52mm, an mtx-l, oil pressure and oil temp. What options are there for mounting around the place? The cubby isn't a possibility now because of the nexus. I thought about mounting on top of the dash, but then it's looking like a bit of a Christmas tree stack of technology. I've seen the A-pillar triple gauge holders but a bit concerned they'll obscure vision a bit much. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
lorby

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:51 am

You'd be well served by btssm, using your vagcom usb obdii, the app is usd$15...
Grab a spare rhs AC vent from a wreckers and pop the most important gauge into a modded vent grille, and put the other 2 in a modded ashtray in front of the gear selector...
If you're tuned & tgv deleted, that's 3 possible 0-5V analogue ecu inputs (tgv x2, rear o2 sensor) for logging/gauges/alarms via btssm or romraider custom parameters...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dan_ashcroft » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 pm

This build is coming along fast - impressive.
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby applegeek897 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Nice man, I thought the front sway bar doesn't fit with raptor headers?
applegeek897

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods