2000 Liberty sedan boot light cover

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

2000 Liberty sedan boot light cover

Postby hexrunt » Mon May 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Hello everyone

I've been lurking around for a little while now as a recent proud owner of a 2000 Liberty after the demise of my poor long serving VS commodore and have found some good advice here.

I have looked around for solutions to this and yes googled my issue but seem to find a lot of help about tail lights and interior lights but never the boot light.

Essentially the light in the boot is out in my 2000 liberty sedan. I thought it would be an easy thing to pull it out, check it and replace it. Easier said than done though. Try as I might I can not get the cover off the light. In desperation I swallowed my male pride and consulted the owners manual and it said to pull off the cover and remove the bulb. Not really helpful.

Basically is there some sort of trick to getting the damn light cover off the boot light without breaking it? I don't want to let some bit of plastic beat me.
hexrunt

Car: 2000 Liberty RS

Re: 2000 Liberty sedan boot light cover

Postby jarrenowen » Mon May 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Yeah literally pull the clear plastic cover off and throw it. replace the t20 halogen with a led oanel and its a shit load brighter.
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby hexrunt » Fri May 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my issue is that the stupid plastic cover is not coming off easily.

It shouldn't really be as hard as it seems to be I mean its a bloody plastic cover for a light in the boot.

So I'm really curious if there is some kind of 'trick' to it outside of just pulling it off because I was getting close to breaking it.
hexrunt

Car: 2000 Liberty RS

Postby jarrenowen » Fri May 26, 2017 4:44 pm

hexrunt wrote:Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my issue is that the stupid plastic cover is not coming off easily.

It shouldn't really be as hard as it seems to be I mean its a bloody plastic cover for a light in the boot.

So I'm really curious if there is some kind of 'trick' to it outside of just pulling it off because I was getting close to breaking it.

whats your mobile number mate i'll send you some pics
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Return to How do I?