At my wits end

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

At my wits end

Postby libertylegacy » Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 pm

So i bought a 2006 subaru liberty 2.0r about a year ago. the car has been nothin but problems and now i cant take it anymore. Today i replaced the spark plugs, a mother@$$@$ of a job, but once done i started the motor and there was a loud coughing flat spot sort of noise. it whines really loud now and acts as though it could stall at any minute. my mate who is a mechanic says it sounds as though a valve is bent when i start it but the car hasnt moved and it was fine before i changed the plugs. I am so sick of this car i jsut want to sell it and try and get back some of the five and a half thousand i wasted on this shit bucket. does any one have any idea that the flat chugging might be? any advice would be appreciated, and dot tell me to take it to a mechanic cause at this point id rather burn it in the outback and claim the insurance on it.
libertylegacy

Re: At my wits end

Postby steveP » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

Sounds like one of the plugs is having trouble firing. Check they are clean and everything is done up tight.
steveP

Car: MY08 Liberty B Spec

Re: At my wits end

Postby Lane » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

People often jump to the worst conclusion first when it is more often that case that the simplest explanation is the culprit.

Double check all your work, check the plugs and their tightness, check your leads at both ends.

It's too early to blame the car, you said it was fine before you started.
Lane

Car: BMW 335i & RSV4 Factory

Return to 2.0R engine specific