Stock muffler options for Gen4 3.0R SpecB wagon

Exhaust modifications

Stock muffler options for Gen4 3.0R SpecB wagon

Postby mogtribe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 am

Hi all,

I've just picked up a 2005 Liberty 3.0R SpecB manual wagon. It's got some aftermarket exhaust bits which sound awesome, but are a bit too loud for me. I want to go back to a full stock system. I think that most of the system is stock, and that I've just got aftermarket mufflers. I'm hoping someone can confirm this.

So from what I can see, everything from the headers right down to where the single pipe splits into two towards the back of the car appears to be stock (see the pretty collage below)

It also looks like the standard mufflers have been removed, and aftermarket units with 2.5inch piping have simply been bolted on, with no cutting, modifying, or welding of the existing pipes.

It looks like the majority of the system is stock, and the only non-standard stuff is located after the back wheels.

So here are my questions:

1. Are my above assumptions correct?

2. When looking around for stock Gen4 mufflers, what options do I have? Do I specifically need ones for 3.0R wagon? Are any of the other ones (4 cylinder, turbo, sedan, wagon) interchangable?

3. Is there anything else that I have missed?

Any help would be much appreciated :D :D
mogtribe

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B Manual Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34505

Re: Stock muffler options for Gen4 3.0R SpecB wagon

Postby rolltosave » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Yeah that's all stock except for the mufflers at the back.

I recently took my stock mufflers off and replaced them with TCP quads.

I need the stockeys gone from my garage. You can have them if you can come pick them up.
MY07 3RB- Shockworks coilovers, AVO HD rear sway mounts, KiDo Tune, ContiSport Contact 5 tyres.
rolltosave

Car: MY07 3.0RB Wagon - Grey

Postby DVLVS » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:11 pm

I just put ultrex mufflers on my stock system and has a great sound which isnt too loud at all but also looks great with quad tips if you wanted something a little bit louder than stock
DVLVS

Car: 2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby mogtribe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for the replies!

After doing some more reading I learned that sedan and wagon mufflers are mostly the same, with the wagon variety having longer pipes.

I ended up putting a set of stock mufflers on the car, it's so much quieter now and my wife no longer refuses to be a passenger :D TCP and Ultrex seem like the popular choice for aftermarket mufflers - will consider these further down the track.

Cheers
mogtribe

Postby tom_kauf » Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am

Hi mogtribe, good to hear you've sorted out your exhaust noise and the car is now comfortable to drive again :).

Could you send me one of the Exhaust pictures? I've been looking for a picture of the stock Exhaust join at the midpipe which has the springs (it is the far-right picture in the middle row, of your 1st lot of pictures).
If you could PM or email me the original high resolution of that picture, that'd be much appreciated. Send me a msg and I can give my email address.

Thanks in advance
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby mogtribe » Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi Tom,

Just took some more happy snaps, but they're too big to PM.

PM me your email and I'll send them through.
mogtribe

Return to Exhausts