Start Issues

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Start Issues

Postby kaliber » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Hoping somebody might be able to help me.

I have a 2003 Liberty GT which has some issues starting. If the car is warm, the car starts fine on the first crank, but if the car is cold the car will crank for 2-5 seconds before starting.

The really odd thing is if I don't drive the car for more than a day, it will start normally again. I have taken it to my mechanic who can't seem to find anything wrong with it - does anybody have any ideas?

The car has done this for ~3 years with no other issues.

Cheers,
K
kaliber

Car: Lib GT

Re: Start Issues

Postby kaliber » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:27 pm

anyone?
kaliber

Car: Lib GT

Re: Start Issues

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:40 am

Do you know when the last time the Fuel Filters were replaced? And what fuel do you use? (any difference with different fuel brands?)
I guess the mechanic checked fuel pressure? And he probably didn't check spark plugs, unless he was really keen.

Interesting they your car starts 1st crank when warm, I thought all our cars started after 3 cranks (mine and all the local member's cars do anyway, but they're mostly Post FL). So taking 2sec+ to crank isn't so bad. Up to 5sec is a fair bit though. I only have that issue on E85 Ethanol Fuel.

EDIT: Have you done any ECU logging? Just doing a quick Learning View screenshot with eg a Tactrix will show any issues with Airflow Ranges (and a possible leak).
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Return to 2.0T engine specific