BigB's Blitzen

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: BigB's Blitzen

Postby BigBCalais » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 am

jslayz wrote:Waiting to see these on a lib, very different!

You and me both J :D

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Unique choice, I like it!
Saw on Facebook that you're looking to paint them black, love this idea but my thought is not to go too dark or matte so that you don't lose all the beautiful detail.

Either way it'll look great I'm sure, can't wait to see pictures with them on!

Thanks Kelvin! Definitely going gloss black, I liked the matte finish on the enkeis but with gloss they should blend with the car more and help the brakes stand out once they're on :D
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby Swipez » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Hey Bryce!

Just read through all the pages on this thread and agree that your lib looks great. Cool to hear of all the stuff you've been through with it. Look forward to see your new wheels on your car. I'm thinking off getting my STi enkeis powder coated to like a darker grey instead of the stock silver (that still looks amazing btw), so yeah very keen for pictures :D I like your seats too... Is that suade through the centres? :shock:
Swipez

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Swipez wrote:Hey Bryce!

Just read through all the pages on this thread and agree that your lib looks great. Cool to hear of all the stuff you've been through with it. Look forward to see your new wheels on your car. I'm thinking off getting my STi enkeis powder coated to like a darker grey instead of the stock silver (that still looks amazing btw), so yeah very keen for pictures :D I like your seats too... Is that suade through the centres? :shock:

Cheers mate, just realised there's not even any pictures of the new wheels on the car so I have more to put in my update than expected (I'm writing it right now actually haha)

Dark grey tb sti enkeis look awesome imo, so go for it

Yep, suede centres are super comfortable and don't burn your butt or legs in the summer ;)

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby Swipez » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:17 pm

BigBCalais wrote:
Swipez wrote:Hey Bryce!

Cheers mate, just realised there's not even any pictures of the new wheels on the car so I have more to put in my update than expected (I'm writing it right now actually haha)

Dark grey tb sti enkeis look awesome imo, so go for it

Yep, suede centres are super comfortable and don't burn your butt or legs in the summer ;)

Yeah that's bloody dope man. Good stuff.
Swipez

Re: BigB's Blitzen Brembos!

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Well its been a long time since an update and the car looks a tad different now

Got the wheels back from the powdercoaters, put the tyres on and fitted them. Rolled around with no centre caps for a while because the powdercoat was in the threads to screw the centre caps on so I left it until I could be bothered to screw the screws in and out the clear the thread a bit.
Here are some pictures from my schoolies trip to Torquay

And a picture form a mini Subaru meet we had where I live

Now onto the important bit, most of you will have seen already on Facebook but I finally got around to putting the brembos on :D
Was a big job as expected, took my dad and I about 13 hours over a sunday afternoon and most of the day monday. The fronts bolted on easily as they should but the rears was where it got harder and more time consuming. Pulling the disks off is a breeze with the little holes in them which you can screw a screw into to push them off, a very smart idea! To take the backing plates off there is 4 bolts around the cv boot on the back, having a hoist makes getting these off much easier so that you can sit under the car instead of laying down, you also need to take the big axle/hub nut off, to get the notch out of it I used a punch to knock it back out and I recommend that you buy new ones of these to replace them and get a nice new notch in it and make sure it isn't going to undo itself. Stupid me wiggled the hub around on the passenger side too much and should've just pulled and gave the end of the axle a tap with a hammer and ended up breaking an abs sensor (more on that later). I decided to undo the cables from the handbrake inside the car instead of pulling them out of the backing plates and swapping them over like Andy Mac did so this involved pulling the centre console out which isnt hard, just a couple of screws and some clips it's fairly self explanatory just make sure you undo the 12V socket underneath the console before pulling it out. Had to buy new rear caliper bolts because the old ones sheared off when Matt was removing them from the wreck, at $15 each from subaru they arent cheap! but they were a necessity so I sucked that up. The bottom caliper bolt is a bastard to get to but managed to get it tight with just a ring spanner but depending on the shape of yours it may not quite fit (I used SP tools). Finished the install and went to got get a new abs sensor from subaru but I walked out after he told me it $330! Decided that I could go without abs for a week while I ordered one form partsouq, ended up being a $186 to my door and only took 4 days from the UAE. Went to install it and found that it had broken because the wiggling of the hub had bent the metal plate that the sensor rubs against and broken it off, so that needed to be flattened back out. Managed to get it virtually flat by holding a punch on one side and hitting another punch with a hammer on the other side, the abs light isnt on anymore and it seems to work fine so I'm not worried. Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to help in any way I can
Now for pictures! :D

Image Image

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby McDoof » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:05 am

Good choice on the wheels. Something different. Now just need some tyre shine. :-)
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 am

Cheers mate, I love that you never see the wheels around let alone on a lib :)
And you're 100% right about tyre shine, only thing I hate about these tyres is that they're so grey

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby Swipez » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:13 am

Nice Bryce :D
Swipez

Postby jslayz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 am

Came up great, good work!
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby BigBCalais » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:05 am

jslayz wrote:Came up great, good work!

Cheers J, I'm finally really happy with how it looks :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Well I guess this is due for an update. About two weeks ago I got part of the car repainted, front bar to fix the stone chips and the marks from when I managed to clip the edge of the garage, the large stone chips in the bonnet, got the 4 large trolley dints in the driver's door and a new lip spoiler painted. It as cleaned up the car so much and the new spoiler is so much better than old lifting one. So that another thing ticked off that wasn't even on the list, but definitely worth it. Cant wait for uni to be finished and some nice weather because the wheels and brakes desperately need a good clean

Compulsory pictures

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby jslayz » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:45 pm

looks a good job on the paint 8)

Tyre shine needed though :wink:
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:37 am

Cheers J

I promise I'll have some next update hahah

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Small update time, when the front bar got painted they found that one of he fog light surrounds had been sicaflexed on so they just double sided taped it on for me after they'd painted the bar. Now I knew this wouldn't last and sure enough after I washed it for the first time it came unstuck, the surround moved around a bit but I ignorantly thought it'll be right. Got home after a drive on the freeway a week later an the mesh had disappeared, well shit. Went to supercheap and bought some mesh from there, it was a close match and nobody would've ever noticed, got around to cutting it to shape and literally the day before I went to put it in and silicon the surround on it completely disappeared, even bigger well shit. Started looking for a wrecked blitzen to get the surrounds off and luckily within a couple of weeks I was pointed to one sitting at wreckers in Sydney. They did a good price so I bought he while bar and grille and I got it delivered

Pulled the extra bar all apart and replaced the surrounds so it's looking back to new again and I now have spare bits :D

In that period I also got my wheels and brakes ceramic coated and rotor hats painted black by Alexei for easier cleaning and to get rid of the shitty surface rust on the rotors. So huge thanks to him for helping me with one of those small details that really helps the car when I look at it

Other than that progress will be even slower now I've moved out of home but it is at a point where I still smile every time I look at it or drive it so I guess it doesn't matter how slow the progress to make it perfect is

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Previous

Return to Post your mods