Low Idle + P0500 Sensor Fault + 02? (Kido tuned btw) HALP

Tuning, diagnostics, ECUs and associated bits and bytes
Forum rules
Please respect copyright.
Do not post full copies of professionally tuned roms!

Low Idle + P0500 Sensor Fault + 02? (Kido tuned btw) HALP

Postby damien.kal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:41 am

Hey guys so recently threw an engine code for P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor. Car runs fine (as to what I can tell) but has an EXTREMELY LOW idle when warm. I mean like close to 0. Occasionally it does rise to around the 400-500 mark when the weather is a bit cold (just what I have observed). I am running a Kido tune and Matt did mention that one of my 02 sensors was reading a little weird..

I would love to get an idea of what the P0500 fault might exactly be? I thought the ECU would read speed for the ABS sensor? And additionally what PC tools are good to check WHICH 02 sensor is reading off (and to know WHY it is reading off eg. what to look out for on the software). Or better yet anyone who could do this for me (hint hint Matt :wink: )

Btw the code hasn't popped up again after I cleared it sooooooooooo there's that too.

Cheers guys!

*EDIT*: On a post face '07 3.0R SpecB AUTO
damien.kal

Car: MY07 3.0R Spec B Sedan
Profile URL: Hp

Re: Low Idle + P0500 Sensor Fault + 02? (Kido tuned btw) HAL

Postby BillyCorgi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:45 am

Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Postby norbs » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Do you know for a fact that the car is idling close to 0?? Or is the reading incorrect?

When my 02 sensor started dieing (2L turbo) the idle would go out of whack. When the car is cold, it does not use the 02 sensor for closed loop control cruise/idle etc.. hence why it is fine initially. Not sure if you can disconnect it and see if the ECU goes into some sort of default mode (as a test only).
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby damien.kal » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey guys thanks for the replies and info!
norbs wrote:Do you know for a fact that the car is idling close to 0?? Or is the reading incorrect?

When my 02 sensor started dieing (2L turbo) the idle would go out of whack. When the car is cold, it does not use the 02 sensor for closed loop control cruise/idle etc.. hence why it is fine initially. Not sure if you can disconnect it and see if the ECU goes into some sort of default mode (as a test only).

Yes it is definitely REALLY low. Engine speed slows down and I have occasionally had it choking out and dying at the lights. I tend to drive now left foot braking and using my right foot to hold the revs up. It sounds like then my 02 sensor is going because it's the same for me. When the engine is cold it runs fine.
damien.kal

Car: MY07 3.0R Spec B Sedan
Profile URL: Hp

Return to Tuning