Member Profile - superjoshism (MY10 GT Premium)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - superjoshism (MY10 GT Premium)

Postby superjoshism » Sat May 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Installed the Perrin shifter stop this afternoon. As I'm a noob it took me about an hour. The washers that they supply in the kit are a bitch to put on, I managed to drop one into the shifter mechanism but with a steady hand and blu-tack on the end of a spanner I was able to fish it out.

All in all, for the price of the mod it firms up the shift gates noticeably, particularly in 1st-2nd and 5th-6th, I didn't notice much difference in 3rd-4th shifts. One thing I did note is that I can get the reverse lockout to jump up if I really ride hard along the edge of the stop in the 1st-2nd gate (both ways), however in normal driving its fine. I know about the rev1/rev2 shift stops and mine is dated 24th April 2015 so I'm confident it's rev2 (info taken from LegacyGT regarding Rev1/Rev2 stops).

superjoshism

Postby pips06 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Do you have the STI short shifter installed or OEM?
K2 | DAMD | Brembo | STI | HKS | Rays Homura | KiDo | Tein | Corazon | Valenti | Crystal Eye
pips06

Car: Gen V SWP Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16415

Postby superjoshism » Sun May 24, 2015 3:19 pm

pips06 wrote:Do you have the STI short shifter installed or OEM?

OEM. Probably won't get the STI one for the $$.

I have the Perrin short shift adapter and brass bushing to go in as well at some stage.
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Installed a few things today to tighten up the transmission and rear diff:

Perrin Brass Shifter Bushing - PSP-INR-016 (also requires 2015 WRX transmission washer, Subaru P/N 031208006)
Whiteline Positive Shift Kit - KDT901
Whiteline Rear Diff Inserts - KDT903 KDT927
STI Group N Transmission Mount (5mt) - D1010FE020
Perrin Short Shifter Adapter - PSP-INR-201

Shifting has definitely been improved. The short shift adapter definitely isn't for the faint hearted, it shortens the shifts quite a bit (30%ish) and the gate feeling is very notchy (think 'snick-snick' into gears).

The STI transmission mount and whiteline positive shift kit make shifting much more engaging, you can feel exactly what the car is doing now instead of having to guess. I noticed a slight increase in NVH but nothing more than I was expecting. A little bit of extra vibration in the cabin while sitting at stop lights, and 1st & 2nd gear whine like a straight cut box now. I like the whine but some people may not.

The rear diff inserts have noticeably improved the low speed driving, the car hardly jerks at all in carparks etc, and when accelerating the hesitation is all but gone. A note with the diff insert kit is that the inserts for the top of the diff cradle fit, however the MY10 GT's already have solid bushes in the front rear diff cradle so the other set of inserts included in the kit weren't needed. I gave mine to the member who did the install with me as they will fit his GenIV.

While the car was up on the hoist, we also changed my 22mm rear swaybar to it's stiffest setting. All in all I'm quite happy with the combination of parts and now I'm looking forward to getting the rear crossmember inserts in to tighten up the rear end! :D

Pics to come, it's late and I can't be bothered resizing them for imgur...

Edit: Changed KDT903 to KDT927 (this is the proper part number, turns out I bought the wrong kit, that's why one set of bushes didn't fit.)
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Pics as promised!

No pictures of the transmission crossmember bushes or diff inserts because well... they're boring :mrgreen:

Difference between the crossmember bushes and stock is night and day though, it is blatantly obvious when you pull the stock ones out and compare them to the whiteline offerings.
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Ordered some Motul Gear 300 today for the tranny. Apparently it goes very well with the Perrin adapter. Will update once it's in
superjoshism

Postby stature of liberty » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:26 am

Nice one, so many mod ideas but the paycheck only stretches for far :(
stature of liberty

Car: GEN 5 wagon GT

Postby superjoshism » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:44 am

stature of liberty wrote:Nice one, so many mod ideas but the paycheck only stretches for far :(

Don't worry mate, I'm in the same boat.

Once my rear subframe bushes go in that's it for me for a little while. Need to save $$$ for other things.

Still would like to do brakes, braided lines, intercooler, piping, and of course exhaust. It never ends :shock:
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Had my mechanic drop the trans fluid and put the Motul Gear300 in during my last service.

Much better feel than stock, not like ZOMG BEST MOD EVER, but a noticeable improvement. Seeing as it's not a regular thing to change, I'm happy it's in.
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Just finished installing my newest toy, a Raceseng Topology shift knob. Took the car for a quick test drive afterwards and wow, I had no idea a weighted shift knob would improve the feeling so much!

superjoshism

Postby t.renshaw34 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:16 am

Nice gen 5! Love it! Are you on the SA Facebook page?
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby superjoshism » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:11 am

t.renshaw34 wrote:Nice gen 5! Love it! Are you on the SA Facebook page?

Sure am man, just PM'd you.

I'll be at the cruise at the beginning of Feb too. I came to one last year too, only GenV GT there ha :lol:
superjoshism

Postby superjoshism » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 am

Purchased a HKS dump from a member on the Facebook group.

Exhaust begins...
superjoshism

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Yeowwww! :-D
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby superjoshism » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Got my mechanic to do the intake resonator delete while he had the car last week for a service.

There is a more distinct intake noise on boost over around 3500rpm and on gear changes. I don't have any experience with Gen4's to compare how much noise difference it makes on them, but for a $0 mod I'm happy with it.
superjoshism

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods