Group Buy Empire performance exhausts $470 shipped.

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Re: Group Buy Empire performance exhausts $470 shipped.

Postby kiwigene » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm

My exhaust arrived today. Looks good. Just need to arrange to have it fitted now. Thanks again, Matt.
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Postby Likconater » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 pm

just wondering how these went?? anyone got any more feedback??
Likconater

Car: 07 - GT LIBERTY

Postby shav » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:09 am

Thats a bloody steal of a deal guys. Let us know your thoughts on build quality and sound.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby kiwigene » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah, happy. Had mine on for a few weeks now. I got the full cat-back. Build quality seems pretty good - perhaps not the "best" but good for the price.
I got the system installed at Liverpool Exhaust. Had to get one weld re-done (had a mid-muffler resonator and flex join put in).
Also the tips are just a bit uneven. So far I'm not OCD enough to worry. Can probably fix it myself by loosening the bolts and moving with a bar shoved up the muffler.

Obviously louder that stock - and the boxer rumble is so sweet....
There's no real bad drone, but at some revs, under load, then there's a bit of drone and it's also a tad louder than I'd prefer.
I think that's possibly just the burden us auto wagon owners have to endure... (which was why I had already bought the resonator to go in straight away).
Need to go on a bit of road trip over some varying terrain to see if it's going to annoy me too much.
I'm not sure I'll keep the mufflers "forever" but I'm enjoying the noise that goes with the performance at the moment.

Even though made for a "sedan" the tips come out just as far, if not a bit further, than my factory wagon exhaust.
They nestle within the cutouts though - no poke.

If you're at the Sydney meet up on Nov 29th I'll be happy to give the throttle a blip.
Otherwise, if I can get around to it, I'll take a vid and post it up.
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Postby shav » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:36 pm

kiwigene wrote:Yeah, happy. Had mine on for a few weeks now. I got the full cat-back. Build quality seems pretty good - perhaps not the "best" but good for the price.
I got the system installed at Liverpool Exhaust. Had to get one weld re-done (had a mid-muffler resonator and flex join put in).
Also the tips are just a bit uneven. So far I'm not OCD enough to worry. Can probably fix it myself by loosening the bolts and moving with a bar shoved up the muffler.

Obviously louder that stock - and the boxer rumble is so sweet....
There's no real bad drone, but at some revs, under load, then there's a bit of drone and it's also a tad louder than I'd prefer.
I think that's possibly just the burden us auto wagon owners have to endure... (which was why I had already bought the resonator to go in straight away).
Need to go on a bit of road trip over some varying terrain to see if it's going to annoy me too much.
I'm not sure I'll keep the mufflers "forever" but I'm enjoying the noise that goes with the performance at the moment.

Even though made for a "sedan" the tips come out just as far, if not a bit further, than my factory wagon exhaust.
They nestle within the cutouts though - no poke.

If you're at the Sydney meet up on Nov 29th I'll be happy to give the throttle a blip.
Otherwise, if I can get around to it, I'll take a vid and post it up.

Thanks Gene. Pretty comprehensive review. Sounds good. Almost sounds like you have encountered the same problems I did with my Ultrex system. The mufflers sit uneven for my car. RHS pokes out about 5-10mm more than the LHS. I thought I had it sorted months ago but for some reason its back. So I have to investigate. Other than the price difference, it looks like a great buy. Get the resi on asap though, it does make a bit of difference, nothing drastic but just cuts the drone down to tolerable levels.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby kiwigene » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Resonator (Vibrant) was installed when I had exhaust fitted - never tried it without, as i "knew" it would be too loud and droney. But even with resonator there's still a bit of drone between 2000-3000 rpm, especially when under load. And the auto slurring of gears doesn't help. It's not really bad under my normal mix of commuter driving, but might be a bit annoying on a longer trip if you end up in the drone sweet spot, so to speak. I do get some crackle and pop on WOT overrun though, so that's pretty cool.

My tip mismatch is not in length, but how centred the mufflers are. Height is pretty even, but left muffler sits a bit towards the centre of the car more than the right muffler. According to exhaust shop it would have needed "too much work" to make it perfect. I agreed at the time, with the thought I would let the exhaust settle a bit and then decide what, if any, adjustment is needed. Can't see it from drivers seat, so meh... :wink:
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Postby SomeFReaK » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:46 pm

I have had mine for a while now, just getting it finished off now.

My car had a custom made dump/cat/exhaust on my car already, so it didn't end up being a bolt on affair for me. I was going to cut get a new flange welded on, but the plan is now to go for something like an off the shelf invidia dump so its all just bolt on:

fits nicely up under the car

Overall, extremely happy with the exhaust. Cant comment about sound yet as i havent driven it yet...
SomeFReaK

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25973

Postby McDoof » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Those mufflers look pretty much the same as the ultrex units.
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:14 pm

McDoof wrote:Those mufflers look pretty much the same as the ultrex units.

I would go so far as to say they are basically identical.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Previous

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories