BigB's Blitzen

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: BigB's Blitzen

Postby shav » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Car is looking pimp bryce.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:23 pm

shav wrote:Car is looking pimp bryce.

Just the look I was aiming for haha ;)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Chris finished sorting the pictures last night so I've picked out my favourites for you all :)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby shav » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Some great shots there Bryce. Car is looking shmick
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:12 pm

shav wrote:Some great shots there Bryce. Car is looking shmick

It's good to finally have some decent shots of my car and it being next to Chris' is even better

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Had a huge day today, went to hardwarebob's to go pick up my newly acquired brembos off his tb sti wreck, however one of the rears was stuck so only got to take the 3 and matt will drop the other one off to Cruisin with my post fl mirrors. After that went to go see Matt McLeod for a revision of the tune, car now has a bit more top end and can confirm it spins in the wet when using the launch control ;). Then drove over to crusin's to drop off the three callipers I had for paint of a secret colour which shall be revealed soon :). Didn't get any pics of brembos but they were just the standard gold which was in remarkably good condition just covered in brake dust

All up it was 5.5 hours of driving so very tired but looking forward to getting my brakes back soon :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:31 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Had a huge day today, went to hardwarebob's to go pick up my newly acquired brembos off his tb sti wreck, however one of the rears was stuck so only got to take the 3 and matt will drop the other one off to Cruisin with my post fl mirrors. After that went to go see Matt McLeod for a revision of the tune, car now has a bit more top end and can confirm it spins in the wet when using the launch control ;). Then drove over to crusin's to drop off the three callipers I had for paint of a secret colour which shall be revealed soon :). Didn't get any pics of brembos but they were just the standard gold which was in remarkably good condition just covered in brake dust

All up it was 5.5 hours of driving so very tired but looking forward to getting my brakes back soon :D

So keen to see how these upgrades turn out, was wondering who got those brembos!
And Mark still does caliper painting?
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby BigBCalais » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:So keen to see how these upgrades turn out, was wondering who got those brembos!
And Mark still does caliper painting?

Yeah that was me, bought them 15 minutes after Matt posted it so they were snapped up pretty quickly.
Yeah he does and judging by his previous work I can't wait to see the finished product :)

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby SIMBAT » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Didn't your wheels spin in the wet when launched pre tune??? Mine did. They also spin when launched in dry with semi slicks on (now tuned).
my12 VW Tiguan TDI-tuned
my16 Hyper Blue WRX STI
my16 Honda Jazz VTI
SIMBAT

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:20 pm

SIMBAT wrote:Didn't your wheels spin in the wet when launched pre tune??? Mine did. They also spin when launched in dry with semi slicks on (now tuned).

I have no clue, I presume it wouldve but this was the first wet weather launch I've done, considering I only got my p's a month ago and I don't think mum would've approved if I'd tried it before :lol:

How hard are you launching it to get wheelspin in the dry? Mine just hooks up and goes even with just road tyres

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby SIMBAT » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:41 pm

oh ok fair enough...

Just bouncing off 5 grand i think, it doesn't let you rev out higher then that. Although i have a Stage 3 cerametallic exedy clutch in mine so that might be why mine can break traction because there is no torque loss when you drop the clutch.
my12 VW Tiguan TDI-tuned
my16 Hyper Blue WRX STI
my16 Honda Jazz VTI
SIMBAT

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:04 pm

SIMBAT wrote:oh ok fair enough...

Just bouncing off 5 grand i think, it doesn't let you rev out higher then that. Although i have a Stage 3 cerametallic exedy clutch in mine so that might be why mine can break traction because there is no torque loss when you drop the clutch.

Yeah 5k is where launch control is set, wasnt sure if yours had been set different. How do you find the clutch? Close to stock feel? Mine will probably need replacing soon so looking around. Also how is there no torque loss?

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Make sure you post up some after pics sounds juicy
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby SIMBAT » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Yeah 5k is where launch control is set, wasnt sure if yours had been set different. How do you find the clutch? Close to stock feel? Mine will probably need replacing soon so looking around. Also how is there no torque loss?

Well it is in no way close to stock, Its heavier to push because it has a much higher clamp load. It engages with the engine a lot quicker then a conventional clutch so it is quite on off, you have to take off differently to a normal clutch. Higher RPM and quicker disengaging of the clutch is needed for a relatively smooth in take off. It is a smaller diameter so there is less inertia which increases throttle response but minimises momentum so it will stall easier.

it looks like this Image

There is no torque loss because the clutch compound is designed specifically for handling aggressive take offs and it is rated to double the power my car is putting out so dropping the clutch at 5k is a piece of cake.

So good points
-increased responsiveness
-increased durability and reliability
-much easier to launch
-made in japan

bad points
-takes time to get used to
-easy to stall
-can glase over then start to shudder if not used properly
-costs around $4000
-increased NVH
Last edited by SIMBAT on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
my12 VW Tiguan TDI-tuned
my16 Hyper Blue WRX STI
my16 Honda Jazz VTI
SIMBAT

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 am

Brunsy3.0 wrote:Make sure you post up some after pics sounds juicy

Therell be plenty of pics, trust me :lol:

SIMBAT wrote:-costs around $4000

Probably the main reason this clutch won't be happening haha

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods