BigB's Blitzen

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: BigB's Blitzen

Postby Neopolis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Nice Blitzen Ben, good to see another one on the forums
Neopolis

Car: 2006 Subaru Liberty 4GEN 3.0R Spec.B

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Neopolis wrote:Nice Blitzen Ben, good to see another one on the forums

My name's Bryce but close enough ;) and cheers mate, definitely an uncommon event to see another :)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby Neopolis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Sorry Bryce, didn't know where I got Ben from.

Cheers,

Longy
Neopolis

Car: 2006 Subaru Liberty 4GEN 3.0R Spec.B

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 pm

That's all right mate, happens more than you might think

I thought I might update this, I got my p's today and celebrated by going for a drive up Mt Alexander with one of my mates who has a vx Commodore, left him well behind in the twisties and it was a great drive. I'm loving the independence and I have fallen in love with this car all over again :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby shav » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 am

BigBCalais wrote:That's all right mate, happens more than you might think

I thought I might update this, I got my p's today and celebrated by going for a drive up Mt Alexander with one of my mates who has a vx Commodore, left him well behind in the twisties and it was a great drive. I'm loving the independence and I have fallen in love with this car all over again :D

It's experiences like this that make me smile. Awesome to hear Bryce. :D
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 am

shav wrote:It's experiences like this that make me smile. Awesome to hear Bryce. :D

Thanks shav, good to know it makes someone else smile too :)

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Hit a little hurdle today, my friends got me a mcgard wheel installation kit for my birthday. However I went to put the lock nuts and nuts on today and I can't actually do them up. Due to the rediculously deep bolt holes on my wheels the nuts can be screwed on by hand but a spanner cannot be put over them to get them beyond this starting point. So I'll need to go find some smaller diameter ones to fit, they should be fine for stock wheels just not for mine :(

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:33 pm

thats fustrating, did you not get like a special tool? usually slips over the nut and into a socket piece. usually a bit thinner and much longer than the socket piece
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:41 pm

No such tool,it would have to be only about 1-2mm in thickness to get into the hole though and be very long. The spanner goes about half way down the nut so you can't even get it to the thread. The lock nuts obviously have a tool which goes in the end of the spanner and you can get them on to about half way down the thread before it fouls on the wheel

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:55 pm

BigBCalais wrote:No such tool,it would have to be only about 1-2mm in thickness to get into the hole though and be very long. The spanner goes about half way down the nut so you can't even get it to the thread. The lock nuts obviously have a tool which goes in the end of the spanner and you can get them on to about half way down the thread before it fouls on the wheel

do mean ratchet? surprised you can remove the lock nuts at all with a spanner!
yeah the tool i have came with the nuts its pretty much what you described for the lock nuts. but id say they were only 2 mm at most thickness. But obviously not :(
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:08 pm

GONEWALKABOUT wrote:do mean ratchet? surprised you can remove the lock nuts at all with a spanner!
yeah the tool i have came with the nuts its pretty much what you described for the lock nuts. but id say they were only 2 mm at most thickness. But obviously not :(

Nah a wheel spanner, just presumed it was obvious haha. Upon further investigation the lock nut tool is only a couple of millimeters thick but the nuts are 21mm which leaves no room for the wheel spanner to go over them in the hole (stock are 19mm)

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 pm

BigBCalais wrote:
GONEWALKABOUT wrote:do mean ratchet? surprised you can remove the lock nuts at all with a spanner!

Nah a wheel spanner, just presumed it was obvious haha. Upon further investigation the lock nut tool is only a couple of millimeters thick but the nuts are 21mm which leaves no room for the wheel spanner to go over them in the hole (stock are 19mm)

ohhh.. did know anyone still used those ;) pfft. ahh thats unlucky! guess its another set of nuts then!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:45 pm

My McGard wheel installation kit came with a tool to enable fitment of tighter "tuner" wheels.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:38 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:My McGard wheel installation kit came with a tool to enable fitment of tighter "tuner" wheels.

Odd, this is all that was in mine
only a special tool was provided for the lock nuts

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Met Chris (Absolution) today for a blitzen photo shoot :) he's just sorting through the pics so for now I'll put up some phone pictures of my semi clean car ImageImageImage

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods