2005 my06 liberty 2.5i sedan

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

2005 my06 liberty 2.5i sedan

Postby noplacebo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 am

Hi all,
Just purchased an incredibly stock 2005 liberty 2.5i. Looking to do some mods but not sure where to start.

I want to do something to the stereo but with the built in head unit it'll be a bit complex. The fascia costs nearly $700 installed locally or $400 online and the stock unit doesn't have aux input. The lower frequencies are a little poor but the speakers in it at the moment seem okay otherwise. Thinking of either installing an amp and or small sub. Maybe one of the under the seat ones if they're any good. Don't want to lose the boot space if possible. Also considering a parrot system instead of replacing the head unit.

It's an auto and na so I'm not expecting much power wise but was thinking of a high flow in box air filter and maybe extractors.

Pretty happy with the ride height. It seems pretty low for standard suspension already and the exterior is nice but would consider any minor changes anyone can think of.

Am in the process of changing any bulbs i can over to leds. Is there any issues with this? Is the most modern/sophisticated car I've owned so want site if it's cause any problems.

Thanks for any input!
noplacebo

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty MY06 2.5i

Re: 2005 my06 liberty 2.5i sedan

Postby seanmau5 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 am

Your LEDs will be fine.

Don't waste time with an underseat subwoofer. Search online and spend the money on quality second hand stuff. The compromise of lost boot space is worth it. Your audio quality will improve tenfold with an aftermarket head unit so definitely save up the money you would spend on the parrot system and grab the fascia/head unit.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby noplacebo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:15 am

Damn about the under seat sub. Seemed to good to be true anyway. How do the slimline subs go? I think they're meant for behind seats in utes but is it a reasonable compromise? I spose is best to get the head unit/ fascia first for the rca pre outs before thinking about a sub anyway. Thanks for the advice!
noplacebo

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty MY06 2.5i

Postby HardwareBoB » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:09 am

seanmau5 wrote:Your LEDs will be fine.

Except for the indicators - you will need one of:
  • Ballast Resistors on the LEDs
  • A replacement indicator module that can deal with LEDs
  • A Tapturn module that deals with LEDs and gives you tap for 3 flashes and a bunch of other features: http://www3.telus.net/s_mcphee/orderTAP.html
Some people have also reported ECU problems with LED brakelights (although it seems to be somewhat random) as well as radio reception problems with LED brakelights.

Changing the parkers requires unbolting of the battery and removal/replacement of the CAI and unbolting of the airbox unless you have midget hands. Changing of the indicators is through the wheel arches.

If you don't have HIDs already, get them, they are amazing.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Return to Bling me up