WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby garthos » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Hey guys, As the subject heading reads...

interested in any style/colour rear spoiler for a Gen V Wagon.

Cheers,
Garth.
User avatar
garthos
-stickered-
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Real name: Garth
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby garthos » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 am

Bump
User avatar
garthos
-stickered-
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Real name: Garth
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby Gen5is » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 am

You could buy an aftermarket spoiler for less than ordering a subaru one at a stealership. Most are unpainted (hence being cheap), if you're handy enough or know a mate thats good at painting you could save yourself a few hundreds there too.

On Japan parts;

Subaru roof spoiler is about $596!!! (Stealership would probably charge you double that for product and labour)
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... l=8&page=2

DAMD roof spoiler $364
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... 2&small=11

I'll let you decide 8)
User avatar
Gen5is
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Real name: Eric
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby garthos » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah I did look into both these options, I guess I was just being optimistic that someone *ahem* geno *cough* might want to sell one second hand.

I enquired at my local (Chatswood) Subaru and was quoted $612 just for the unpainted part - and they have them in stock.

hmmm, decisions....
User avatar
garthos
-stickered-
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Real name: Garth
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby Gen5is » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 pm

well i calculated the shipping cost for you on Japan parts.

It's 154 shipping to your door fully insured + 367 for spoiler = $521

Cheaper than the Subaru unpainted item from the stealership! 2 weeks wait tops! I ordered a double din fascia kit from them, took 2 weeks for it to arrive!
User avatar
Gen5is
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Real name: Eric
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

Postby garthos » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Cheers for that!

The DAMD one does seem a more cost effective choice, just need to get it painted which will still bring it in around the $600 - $650 mark.... Not bad.

BUT the more I compare the two I think I'm starting to prefer the look of the OEM one. :roll:

torn...
User avatar
garthos
-stickered-
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Real name: Garth
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30


Return to Wanted to Buy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests