Group Buy: Resomat acoustic dampener

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

Resomat acoustic dampener Group Buy

Postby Nipple06 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Jack might do the back of the 370z dad always complains of road noise
GB:Subaru Android, iPod, iPhone, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit | GROM
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21136
Nipple06

Car: Subaru liberty 2.5i wagon 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15410

Re: Resomat acoustic dampener Group Buy

Postby Yindustries » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Ordered and went to pick up today.
There was a slight discrepancy in that even though I went to pick it up, I got charged for delivery. Brought it up while I was there and it was quickly resolved.
Turns out even though I choose to pay cash on pick up, there was no way to choose "No delivery" in the shipping option, and so the delivery charge was still added.

The guy emailed me later saying that he'd fix it up so it wouldn't happen to anyone else.
Thanks again for organising the group buy Benny
Yindustries
-stickered-

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Nice one!!!
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 pm

3.5 ordered which is plently to do 4 doors with good coverage on the inner and outer panels, parcel shelf and a bit left over to do the boot maybe

I poked the door pulley through a small hole in the back doors so i could enclose it completely and the fronts i just cut around them

Highly recommend in junction with the polk audio 8" sub. I'm not going to bother with speakers or amp upgrade
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 pm

KLEEN!
+1 that Polk plan :)

The disty is generously supplying a roller for the Melb install day...
Thinking maybe late Sunday afternoon 16th? (gotta do Camby market that morning)
bigBADbenny

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:KLEEN!
+1 that Polk plan :)

The disty is generously supplying a roller for the Melb install day...
Thinking maybe late Sunday afternoon 16th? (gotta do Camby market that morning)

Tried to keep it cleanish (besides the top corner to cover the whole with an offcut) I used all off cuts on the inner frames. Traced it with a black marker and then cut with scissors instead of using a stanley knife. I got my tiny roller from Art to Art in Harbour town for the SA guys. Thanks again Ben!
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby alexeiwoody » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Pics look sic hamish!

Im free on the 16th after 2pm :)
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby stocky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 pm

So, finally picked it up from the PO today... gonna try and put it on, on Sat.
stocky

Postby seanmau5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

This was my effort the other day, still to redo the passenger door. Pull the old Dynamat off and cleaned up all that black sticky shit with wax & grease remover. Only cut my finger the once. I used a ruler and marker to measure it out and then a stanley knife to cut up. The Stanley knife wasn't the best as it occasionally tore the Resomat when trying to make minor adjustments and trimming. I'll look at removing the little squares over the holes and replacing with more substantial pieces for more coverage.

~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Out of interest, from anyone that's had experience with both materials, how does this stuff compare to Dynamat and other brands??
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby jay.ritchie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:33 pm

seanmau5 wrote:I'll look at removing the little squares over the holes and replacing with more substantial pieces for more coverage.

Just put larger pieces over the top. Saves you peeling them off. Double layers are better than singles.
jay.ritchie

Car: MY12 VW Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21040

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

jay.ritchie wrote:
seanmau5 wrote:I'll look at removing the little squares over the holes and replacing with more substantial pieces for more coverage.

Just put larger pieces over the top. Saves you peeling them off. Double layers are better than singles.

Covering the holes will more than suffice, especially on moulded sheet metal. Leave it as is, you won't gain any additional benefits.

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:57 am

Resomat GB is open till July 1!
Get in soon ;)
If anyone local wants theirs picked up, Ill probably pickup mine after the RTR dyno day, before I head off to vid the footy at 1pm
bigBADbenny

Postby seanmau5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:35 am

garbo41610 wrote:
jay.ritchie wrote:

Covering the holes will more than suffice, especially on moulded sheet metal. Leave it as is, you won't gain any additional benefits.

I was fiddling around with the high/low pass filters yesterday and always had the high set at 125 hertz, so thats basically no mid bass through the front stage yea? When I decrease that to 63-80 hertz I can hear reverberation through the door panel, surely additional Resomat will help eliminate that?
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby garbo41610 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08 pm

seanmau5 wrote:I was fiddling around with the high/low pass filters yesterday and always had the high set at 125 hertz, so thats basically no mid bass through the front stage yea? When I decrease that to 63-80 hertz I can hear reverberation through the door panel, surely additional Resomat will help eliminate that?

Have you done the outer skin as well? If not, I'd highly suggest starting over again and do the outer skin as well. The outer skins are seriously fkn thin and flex like a mofo on Subarus.
Are you certain the vibrations are emanating from the door panel (inner or outer skin) or the door trim?
However, I may have misunderstood a couple of previous posts now that I think about it. Did you mean you want to cover the tiny little holes at the top of the door panel or are you referring to the service holes???

More mass is always better... To a point. Moulded sheet metal won't require as much mass. What are the baffles your mids are mounted to made from? Is there a good sealed mount to the door panel?

Subarus are always a challenge to get perfect, it takes a lot of time, effort, and depending on the result you're after, money thrown at it to get it right.

garbo41610
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories