EOI: June meetup/cruise

Re: EOI: June meetup/cruise

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I too suck at directions, although I can pull something together for someone else to lead? :P I'm roughly familiar with the 'usual' roads we've used in the past - although pending weather - some of them may not be as fun in the damp!
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby Statts » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 pm

I'll probably just come for the meet up.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby static09 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
Meet: 10am - Monday 10 June 2013 (Leave 10:30AM)

Seemed pretty convenient for most last time we met here.

Route: Up to someone else, as I suck at directions :P

I won't be able to make this, working all day but it's double time, so slightly makes up for it
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
static09

Car: 06 Liberty Safety Pack
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18125&p=253412#p253412

Postby Timmy_23 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry, as much as I'd like to come I can't make this one.
MY08 2.5i BL Liberty
GT brakes - DBA T3 rotors- MRT pads - KiDo Tune - K&N panel filter - Quad exhausts - Cusco front strut bar - Whiteline RSB
18x8.5 Rota G-Force - tbSTi grill - OEM boot lip spoiler - STi front lip spoiler - HID and LED exterior lights - tint
LED interior lights - leather shift boot - OEM Momo steering wheel - GTB shift knob - Aux iPod input - Club.liberty decals!
Timmy_23

Car: MY08 BL9 Subaru Liberty

Postby SSIKness666 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Provided it's okay with SSIKness666 as you're welcome to organise it however you like :) But if it suits you update the OP please.

But I'd be keen for:

Meet: 10am - Monday 10 June 2013 (Leave 10:30AM)

Seemed pretty convenient for most last time we met here.

Route: Up to someone else, as I suck at directions :P

Thank you for remembering that I started this topic, however unfortunately I have already made plans for Monday the 10th so if anybody else has some concrete details they'd like to share, post them up for the Monday public holiday.

Perhaps before deciding on a cruise destination we should get an idea of where everyone (persons interested) are located so that in everyone's best interest, we can come to a reasonable compromise.

I live in the Modbury area. I am not sure of a good meetup point to begin, that has ample parking space for all of us Liberty drivers to congregate effectively.

Any suggestions?
MY02 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5l Auto - Blue, 5000k Xenon gas globes (not HID's.. yet), 16" MY01 WRX style rims riding on Yokohama 205/50 R16 87v tyres, 35% window tint, heavy duty towbar.
SSIKness666

Car: MY02 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5l

Postby WheelieBin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 am

I'd expect the reason that Daniel suggested Beaumont Rd is because we've used this on a number of previous cruises and it seemed OK for most people, it also has reasonable proximity to some decent roads...

EDIT: Also, based on previous experience - nothing will happen if you say "what do people think/want/etc" - just decide what you want to do, and those of us who can will be there, and the others won't :)
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby bradr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:43 am

SSIKness666 wrote:Any suggestions?

G'day Sikkie,

I'm in the Barossa and I'm happy to drive to the city to start a cruise. Actually, I'm never given the choice....

Although it looks as though we both won't be able to make this one, if you're at Modbury, I'd be more than happy to start my drive down North East Road, come by your place and start our own mini-cruise down to they city if you like? We might even be able to pick up some others along the way. Something to think about for next time.

As to the actual cruise, I wonder if the Monday of a long weekend is a good time to be out on the road, particularly given there is an 80% chance or rain?

cheers,

bj
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby mynameisdaniel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 pm

+1 to what Ben said. Seems we're about 50/50 North and South members so somewhere in the middle is usually fairest to everyone, depending who attends. Plus it's just a short drive to the hills from there.

Sounds like Monday isn't going to work then, figured most people would be free :P But Brad does make a good point too.
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby SSIKness666 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 pm

WheelieBin wrote:I'd expect the reason that Daniel suggested Beaumont Rd is because we've used this on a number of previous cruises and it seemed OK for most people, it also has reasonable proximity to some decent roads...

EDIT: Also, based on previous experience - nothing will happen if you say "what do people think/want/etc" - just decide what you want to do, and those of us who can will be there, and the others won't :)

I have no problem in meeting up at Beaumont Rd =)

Yes, your right. I need to be more precise with details rather than say "what do people think/want/etc" however it was my first attempt at organising something.

bradr wrote:
G'day Sikkie,

I'm in the Barossa and I'm happy to drive to the city to start a cruise. Actually, I'm never given the choice....

Although it looks as though we both won't be able to make this one, if you're at Modbury, I'd be more than happy to start my drive down North East Road, come by your place and start our own mini-cruise down to they city if you like? We might even be able to pick up some others along the way. Something to think about for next time.

Sounds good mate and if your keen we can do something regardless of whether the details clash with other persons interested and it's just you and I.
MY02 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5l Auto - Blue, 5000k Xenon gas globes (not HID's.. yet), 16" MY01 WRX style rims riding on Yokohama 205/50 R16 87v tyres, 35% window tint, heavy duty towbar.
SSIKness666

Car: MY02 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5l

Postby bradr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Yer I'd be in that, Sikkie.

Give me some time to sort out the renos on the house and then tidy up the rest of the place after I've neglected it while doing the renos and we'll do it!!

cheers,

bj
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby Statts » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25 pm

So is this going ahead or not?
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Doesn't look like it. I'll organise something in July after my exams :)
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Previous

Return to SA