ACT Liberty Help needed

ACT Liberty Help needed

Postby SHaGMaSTA69 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 am

Hi guys,
Sorry this is not about a cruise but I didnt know where to post this call for assistance in the ACT (wanted to be ACT specific).
Purchased an 04 Liberty GT recently and have tried to get a ACT roadworthy pass. Everything was sweet except the wheels on it which are 18" stock STI wheels (as seen in pic). The mechanics whom shall remain nameless for now operate in Dickson (not the pitts) reckon the rolling diameter is over for 25mil?
Quite hard for me to believe considering that the car comes 17" stock and I was lead to believe that we were allowed to go at least an inch up from stock?
(tried to confirm this with the shopfront but could not get a straight answer). Anyway to my cry for help, I am wondering for anyone in the ACT who has stock or roadworthy wheels to do a quick 24 hour swap so it can get its road worthy. The fine people at Techworkz in Tuggaz are kind enough to do the swap for us on the hoist trouble free. If you lend a helping hand please give me a call on 0413563436.
Cheers

Vanna

SHaGMaSTA69

Re: ACT Liberty Help needed

Postby paggaz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 am

Legalities are +/- 15mm rolling diamter from stock, that 1" bigger rule from stock wheel size is non existent nowadays.
I'd love to help but I'm on 225/45/18, which are probably much bigger than your stock 17s + rubber.
paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby SHaGMaSTA69 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:01 am

paggaz wrote:Legalities are +/- 15mm rolling diamter from stock, that 1" bigger rule from stock wheel size is non existent nowadays.
I'd love to help but I'm on 225/45/18, which are probably much bigger than your stock 17s + rubber.

Cheers Paggaz,
The only other option I have is to try throw on my Liberty RX wheels on which are 16" but I reckon they will say that its now to small..
I also have the stocks that came with the car but the rubbers are all gone.
SHaGMaSTA69

Postby nickknack » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 am

Would be happy to help but the tread on two of my 17s would probably not pass Dickson :lol:
There seems to be a few more ACT regulars on rexnet so could be worth asking over there?

What size tyre have you got on them?
If they are 225/40 should be less than 25mm according to an online calculator? If that's the case take it up with the mechanic!
nickknack

Car: Black MY02 Liberty B4
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16448

Postby peteRS » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 am

I have a set of 4 GDB Sti rims with almost new Nitto Invo's on them...you are welcome to borrow. I live in Hackett, so just down the road from Dickson. Happy to do the rim swap at my place, I have rattle gun, jack etc...
peteRS

Car: 1997 Gen2 GTB wagon w mods

Postby SHaGMaSTA69 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:05 am

peteRS wrote:I have a set of 4 GDB Sti rims with almost new Nitto Invo's on them...you are welcome to borrow. I live in Hackett, so just down the road from Dickson. Happy to do the rim swap at my place, I have rattle gun, jack etc...

Good speaking to you today Peter, your an absolute champ mate :)
Talk soon. Cheers

Vanna
SHaGMaSTA69

Postby Etune » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:27 am

Good to see you had Pete help you out, great bloke.... Anyway surely this is bullshit, weren't these 18' sti rims an option on the MY05+ libertys? What size tyres are you inning?

Craig
Rugby, the game they play in heaven
Etune

Return to ACT