Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby Famma » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi all, has anyone run 19' x 8.5" wheels on a gen4 if so what offset?
Any rubbing or problems? Thanks. :)
Famma
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm
Car: MY08 Liberty GT tuned by STI
Real name: Fab

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby blacktop™ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

I believe tangcla had 19x8.5's. they were a +50 offset though :(
Image
User avatar
blacktop™
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:47 pm
Location: Sydney, Lower North Shore
Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT
Real name: ryan

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby wilso_8948 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 am

I run +44 offset. Small amount of guard work needed. Mines lowered with coilovers about 2 inches too. Was surprised with how little scrubbing there was
wilso_8948
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Stockton NSW
Car: 05 Gt
Real name: Matt
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20758

Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby JDGT05 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

I did on my lib, had coilovers and guards rolled, had issues without having the guards rolled but after it was easy
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
User avatar
JDGT05
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:37 pm
Location: Perth
Car: STI Spec Forester
Real name: James
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby 04GTLIB » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 pm

I ran 20" x 8.5" with a +45 offset and only had to roll the guards.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
User avatar
04GTLIB
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon
Real name: Russell

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby Boostaddict » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:53 am

Im going to be running this in the near future.!!! So i will see and get some pics when done
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby Famma » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm

So I did some reasearch and my Sti Enkei's are 18x7.5 +55......... So I figure that if I go up to an 8.5 and keep a +50 - +55 offset I should be ok.......... The wheels I'm looking at are Concave but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that matters, because as long as you get the correct offset the relationship from hub to lips should only change with rim width. At least I think that's how it works.... lol :D
Famma
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm
Car: MY08 Liberty GT tuned by STI
Real name: Fab

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby Famma » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Boostaddict wrote:Im going to be running this in the near future.!!! So i will see and get some pics when done



That will be great.....Let me know what offset you end up with. Thanks
Famma
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm
Car: MY08 Liberty GT tuned by STI
Real name: Fab

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby tangcla » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:21 pm

blacktop™ wrote:I believe tangcla had 19x8.5's. they were a +50 offset though :(

Yep they were 19x8.5 +50.
No rubbing, I did have my guards rolled as precaution though.
Lowered with KW Variant-2 coilovers.

Image
Image
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: Anyone run 19' x 8.5" Wheels on a Gen4

Postby Famma » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 pm

tangcla wrote:
blacktop™ wrote:I believe tangcla had 19x8.5's. they were a +50 offset though :(

Yep they were 19x8.5 +50.
No rubbing, I did have my guards rolled as precaution though.
Lowered with KW Variant-2 coilovers.

Image
Image




That looks crazy...... Thanks for the pics
Famma
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm
Car: MY08 Liberty GT tuned by STI
Real name: Fab


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests