19" tyre sizes and brands.

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Boostaddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey peeps,

Looking at getting some 19x8.5 + 42 rims for the lib.

Im not interested in cheap shit tyres as i made that mistake once before and it was just dangerous .

Im liking the bridgestones that are on the front of my car at the moment but wanted to know what people thought of other brands and sizes.

Im unsure of the size as the car is stock sti height at the moment but i will be getting coil overs and dropping it. So im guessing that guard rolling is the minimum requirement but dont want to pull the guards. So what size would be safe to do this without scrubbing everywhere. ??

Thanks

Daniel
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby mk4387 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Michelin Pilot Sport 2, you will never look back! Standard issue on an M3, my brother has them on his RX-8 and a mate on his Porsche Carrera. Awesome ride, nice and quiet, stick like glue.

I run a 225/40/19, picked them up from AGR tyres in Sydney for a good price.
mk4387
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Wollongong
Car: 2008 Liberty GT-B

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby rooby » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I have run Michelin PS2 & PS3 previously on my old car and they were great.

I've been using Khumo KU39s for a while on the lib and like them a lot.
I'm definitely happy with them over the Michelins for the difference in price (I drive reasonably hard but on the roads and I have never exceeded what these can do).

They perform as good as tyres I've paid much more for.

They are also nice and quiet.

You can likely get better for more cash but I think these are great for road use.

I have 235/35/19, but on 19x7.5 +45.
I had my guards rolled as I have it pretty low but I wouldn't have had to if I kept it slightly higher.

With your rim specs you will have to roll the guards to go low, even if you run 225s I'd say.
User avatar
rooby
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Reuben

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Boostaddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Awesome info rooby !!! Exactly what I wanted.

What did you pay for your ku39's???
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Robbks » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm running Hankook Ventus V12 K110's on my lib as replacements for the Bridgestones and find them just as good as the 050A's, and at $190 a corner!
Recommended by Clarence (Tangcla) IIRC
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
User avatar
Robbks
 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 am
Location: Hobart, Tas
Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Rob
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Boostaddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Looks like 235/35/19 is the size as 225/40/19 is a lot more uncommon!!!


Can't seem to find any under $300 tho!!

Gotta keep looking.
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Boostaddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

These look nice!!!! Anyone know of these??

http://www.quicksales.com.au/ad/federal ... es/4970377
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby Robbks » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 am

I had 595-EVO's on my TT legacy and thought they wer very good.
the 595-SS however were dogsh!t and very soft sidewalls
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
User avatar
Robbks
 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 am
Location: Hobart, Tas
Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Rob
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby rooby » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I saw Khumo KU39 at bob jane the other day for $260ea fitted. That was with no sales or deals or anything.
User avatar
rooby
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Reuben

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby tangcla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Robbks wrote:I'm running Hankook Ventus V12 K110's on my lib as replacements for the Bridgestones and find them just as good as the 050A's, and at $190 a corner!
Recommended by Clarence (Tangcla) IIRC

Yep that would have been me, and I still stand by the Hankooks. I'm onto my fourth or fifth set of Hankooks across the various cars and wheels I've owned.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: 19" tyre sizes and brands.

Postby rooby » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

I have had the hankook s1 evo (k107 I think) before and they were good too. (I enjoy a good asymmetric)
User avatar
rooby
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am
Location: Canberra
Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Real name: Reuben


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests