Quick fitment question

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Quick fitment question

Postby Statts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 pm

My new wheels turned up on Friday and go off to the powder coaters tomorrow. Wheels are 18x8.5 +44. Suspension is lowered on stock Bilsteins. Couple of questions:

* Will I need my guards rolled?
* Will 235/40 18's fit with stock suspension? Guard rolling?
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby lib08gt » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:12 pm

.
Last edited by lib08gt on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lib08gt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby Statts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for that. Was hoping it was the case.

I'm keen on 235/40 as it is closer to the overall diameter of the stock tyre than the 225/40 is. Also, it's a Commodore tyre size so range and prices are great.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby ferret89 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm

My understanding is that there will be some slight rubbing with 235 tyres without guardwork.
User avatar
ferret89
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby bates91 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

get guards rolled to be on the safe side
User avatar
bates91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: BMW 135i
Real name: Edward
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby Statts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks guys. 235 and a roll it is.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby jacks-GTB » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)
User avatar
jacks-GTB
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW
Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby jslayz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


rears will rub a little with 235/40/18 with loaded car and bumps at speed.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
User avatar
jslayz
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perthhhhhh
Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon
Real name: J

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby Statts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:13 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


Thanks for the reply Jackson. EXACTLY the info I was after.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby Statts » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 pm

jslayz wrote:
jacks-GTB wrote:Ay chris

I'm currently running blisteins with king lows....I know crappy :(

But I have rota 18x8.5 with kumho ku31 235/40/18, not guard rolling....never rubbed even with a fully load car :)


rears will rub a little with 235/40/18 with loaded car and bumps at speed.


Conflicting reports there. I think I will just see how I go. Get the rears rolled only if need be.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
User avatar
Statts
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Adelaide
Car: 05 3.0R-B
Real name: Chris
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Re: Quick fitment question

Postby t.renshaw34 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 am

Im 245/40/18. 35-40mm lower than stock. Guards rolled and pumped 2-5mm. No scrubbing.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
User avatar
t.renshaw34
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 pm
Location: Adelaide, SA
Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Real name: Taylor
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron