SA BBQ - Sunday Feb 24th

SA BBQ - Sunday Feb 24th

Postby WheelieBin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

So, the poll is still relevant and I'll still organise something else at some other time... however, Karl was going to be around at my place helping me out with some stuff anyway (he's giving up cars so he can start a new gardening business... kidding!) and we were planning on cranking up the BBQ, so figured we might as well expand a bit.

Where: Mitchell Park (further details upon RSVP. And if you're new to the forum with no posting history and no one I trust can vouch for you, please don't be offended if I'm a little reticent to hand out my address... I'm already effectively inviting a bunch of random Internet People to my house :P)

When: 1PM - whenever (within reason, I have to work the next day...), Sunday 24th February, 2013

What: BBQ will be running, I may be convinced to display whatever seasonally appropriate sporting event is being aired on the TV (I'm not a sports person unless it's car racing). If someone wants to bring an Xbox or something, happy to hook that up.

Who: You! A few disclaimers... please don't come if you're deathly allergic to cats, otherwise my house (and cat) will kill you! If you're only mildly allergic, you should be fine, he's a Bengal and they're supposed to be good for allergies as they only have a single layer coat. Also, if you have an otherwise irrational dislike of cats, you may not enjoy it so much. He likes people, and he likes being the centre of attention.
Plus ones are welcome, however please avoid children if possible. I'm not going to turn you away, but aforementioned feline hasn't grown up with kids and plays quite rough. I wouldn't want to feel responsible for your offspring getting bloodied if they decided to pull his tail!

What to Bring: BYO food and drinks. I'll organise some munchies or something. Also, please bring a chair if you can, as I have limited seating, and no outdoor setting, and would like to utilise the outdoor entertaining area if weather permits.

RSVP: Whenever, first in best dressed. I'm capping this to fifteen people.

RSVPs:

Ben (no, really?)
Karl
Hamish (maybe?)
Shav (maybe)
Daniel (maybe)
Tim (drop in)
Last edited by WheelieBin on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Re: SA BBQ - Sunday Feb 24th

Postby Dropz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 pm

In.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby Nottage969 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 am

Out. As usual :(
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby WheelieBin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 am

Nottage969 wrote:Out. As usual :(

Fail. As usual :P
WheelieBin

Postby Nottage969 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 am

WheelieBin wrote:
Nottage969 wrote:Out. As usual :(

Fail. As usual :P

:( hopefully I will have a boss by the end of the month and will get a day off here and there! (not everyday you here that, somebody waiting for a boss!)
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby shav » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 am

I'd like to come, although I have some disdain for cats, only because the cat I live with is a bastard, kills birds willingly even though its fed 5 times a day with better food than I get, sits on the bonnet of my car, with muddy paw prints, fur, and leaves scratch marks for me to buff out because I have unlimited time to detail my car on a whim, and expects me to stop what I am doing and pat its furry ass because it wants attention and will whinge like a red headed step child if I dont.

That aside, I'd be happy to show my face Ben, if Im not considered an internet stranger with minimum posts of course. :P But there is no guarantee I may not pull my hair out if your cat takes a liking for my car as a heat bed. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby WheelieBin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 am

Hahaha, you're more than welcome Shav.

My cat is strictly an inside only cat. I don't want him outside killing things or sitting on people's cars and scratching them, and I don't want someone running over him!
WheelieBin

Postby shav » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 am

I cant promise anything Ben. But if I can make it, it maybe to say hi more than anything. It just depends on what the mrs has planned for me for that weekend.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby bradr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 pm

shav wrote:...the cat I live with is a bastard, kills birds willingly even though its fed 5 times a day with better food than I get, sits on the bonnet of my car, with muddy paw prints, fur, and leaves scratch marks for me to buff out because I have unlimited time to detail my car on a whim, and expects me to stop what I am doing and pat its furry ass because it wants attention and will whinge like a red headed step child if I dont....

I'm trying to work out how your cat is any different to any other cat in the world?
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby shav » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:51 pm

bradr wrote:
shav wrote:...the cat I live with is a bastard, kills birds willingly even though its fed 5 times a day with better food than I get, sits on the bonnet of my car, with muddy paw prints, fur, and leaves scratch marks for me to buff out because I have unlimited time to detail my car on a whim, and expects me to stop what I am doing and pat its furry ass because it wants attention and will whinge like a red headed step child if I dont....

I'm trying to work out how your cat is any different to any other cat in the world?

It's probably not. But I'm still trying to find the right support group to deal with these animals humanely. :?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby t.renshaw34 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Im out. Working sorry lads :).
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby WheelieBin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

t.renshaw34 wrote:Im out. Working sorry lads :).

It's not far enough in advance that you can organise a day off? I mean, I know you have to pay for your repairs :(, but one day off? :)
WheelieBin

Postby t.renshaw34 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:42 am

Sorry Ben. I work 7 days a week. My only free time slot is Tuesday evenings and 1 sat evening per month.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby Da4sti3 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Do u even see ur gf Taylor ?
Anyways put me down as a solid yes with a maybe attached coz u never what's gonna happen when u have 2 kids under 3
Does that make sense?
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Postby WheelieBin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 am

Da4sti3 wrote:Do u even see ur gf Taylor ?
Anyways put me down as a solid yes with a maybe attached coz u never what's gonna happen when u have 2 kids under 3
Does that make sense?

All good man, understand :)
WheelieBin

Next

Return to SA