Member Profile - SYM (w/ new wheels pg18)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - SYM (w/ Blue Jam photos on pg7)

Postby Corsair » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Glad you're happy with the car. :D If you alter the exhaust, please post some photos of the process if possible.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby dubbwah » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 am

Hey Sym, with the kido tune I assume this was just
Done on the stock engine with no exhaust upgrades?
MY10 Liberty GT Wagon
dubbwah

Car: MY10 - Liberty GT Wagon

Postby dubbwah » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 am

Just read the post above , might try for the same tune next time
Mat is in town
MY10 Liberty GT Wagon
dubbwah

Car: MY10 - Liberty GT Wagon

Re: Member Profile - SYM

Postby satogixxer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:35 pm

SYM wrote:Thanks Ben! I havent experienced upgraded brakes before (I didnt even seriously consider new springs and bushes until I joined this forum), so looking forward with much anticipation.

I'm doing just the fronts first, but getting F+R hawk ceramic performance pads and goodridge brake lines all round - oh, and DBA4000s slotted (bling) for the fronts

Hey, love what you've done with your Gen5, looks sweet!

But you definitely need to do your rear rotors as well. I was the same and only got fronts done initially - it just didn't look right... :roll:

So I went with DBA 4000 slotted both front and rear in the end, definitely balances out the look nicely. I haven't done Brembo calipers though, after seeing yours I think I might need to for that extra bling factor! :D

Have you got the rear DBA 4000 part no. sorted for your car? Let us know if you need any info...
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby SYM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

satogixxer wrote:
SYM wrote:Thanks Ben! I havent experienced upgraded brakes before (I didnt even seriously consider new springs and bushes until I joined this forum), so looking forward with much anticipation.

I'm doing just the fronts first, but getting F+R hawk ceramic performance pads and goodridge brake lines all round - oh, and DBA4000s slotted (bling) for the fronts

Hey, love what you've done with your Gen5, looks sweet!

But you definitely need to do your rear rotors as well. I was the same and only got fronts done initially - it just didn't look right... :roll:

So I went with DBA 4000 slotted both front and rear in the end, definitely balances out the look nicely. I haven't done Brembo calipers though, after seeing yours I think I might need to for that extra bling factor! :D

Have you got the rear DBA 4000 part no. sorted for your car? Let us know if you need any info...

Thanks Michael - im def happy with how it looks at the moment, and now focussing future mods on performance (mainly handling, and DP)

Yeah i do want to do the rear BBK too (eventually).... I plan to upgrade the rotors as calipers as a combined kit

I got my front BBK upgrade via Mark (cruisn), hes a wealth of information and skill - the BBK upgrade included calipers, cermaic pads, and the matching rotors. PM me or mark if you have any questions.... happy to share my experiences

for rears, i'd definitely be going with DBA 4000 slotted to match the fronts.
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby satogixxer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm

SYM wrote:Thanks Michael - im def happy with how it looks at the moment, and now focussing future mods on performance (mainly handling, and DP)

Yeah i do want to do the rear BBK too (eventually).... I plan to upgrade the rotors as calipers as a combined kit

I got my front BBK upgrade via Mark (cruisn), hes a wealth of information and skill - the BBK upgrade included calipers, cermaic pads, and the matching rotors. PM me or mark if you have any questions.... happy to share my experiences

for rears, i'd definitely be going with DBA 4000 slotted to match the fronts.

Ahh okay, doing the rear BBK as a kit is a good idea. Originally I wasn't considering this myself because of the price (wish I had though now for the Brembo calipers), and I soon found out finding the right DBA rotor to match the rear on the Liberty Gen5 was a bit of a problem (I didn't want to use an adaptor etc.) as DBA didn't have one yet!

It turned out though a new rotor recently developed for the BRZ/Toyota 86, part no. DBA42663S is an exact match for the Liberty GT MY10+ (I guess they shared parts - could be useful information for someone, it's still not listed in their catalogue).

Thanks for info about cruisn BTW, I'll keep this in mind as maybe I'd be able to just upgrade to Brembo calipers at some point in the future, not sure.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby SYM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks for the part info Michael - good to know re the part DBA42663S (thanks for sharing!)

Did you have to make any modification to your handbrake shoes? - Jeff (Hyrax) kindly pointed out that for the rears, a bit of modification was necessary to add more 'meat' to the rear handbrake shoes.
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Postby satogixxer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:05 pm

SYM wrote:Thanks for the part info Michael - good to know re the part DBA42663S (thanks for sharing!)

Did you have to make any modification to your handbrake shoes? - Jeff (Hyrax) kindly pointed out that for the rears, a bit of modification was necessary to add more 'meat' to the rear handbrake shoes.

Nope - there was no modification necessary and the handbrake seems to be working exactly as before. Maybe because the DBA rotor is an exact dimension match to the rear Lib Gen5? (diameter 290mm, thickness 18mm, height 64mm, c/hole 58mm, h/brake diameter 190mm)
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby SYM » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

satogixxer wrote:
SYM wrote:Thanks for the part info Michael - good to know re the part DBA42663S (thanks for sharing!)

Nope - there was no modification necessary and the handbrake seems to be working exactly as before. Maybe because the DBA rotor is an exact dimension match to the rear Lib Gen5? (diameter 290mm, thickness 18mm, height 64mm, c/hole 58mm, h/brake diameter 190mm)

Cool thanks Michael

Ooopps - I just realised that Jeff was referring to the need to make modifications (to handbrake shoes) when upgrading to brembo rotors (thicker than stock). Stock rotor thickness should be all good, and thus no mod to handbrake shoes necessary.

Something to keep in mind when you do your rear BBK!

And if you need some inspiration/enticement for a front BBK upgrade, check out cruisns brembo caliper thread .... you have been warned :P
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15726

SYM
-stickered-

Postby satogixxer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Yep that makes sense. One of the reasons why I was just looking for a DBA rotor that matched the dimensions exactly... it just seemed less hassle.

Thanks - if I view that thread will I end up spending more money though!? (I'm betting yes :lol: )
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby SYM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm

After a brief period of mod bug absence..... its back :P

Upcoming mods by the end of this month
- Whiteline rear swaybar (and HD mounts) going on this weekend
- HKS dump pipe and front pipe should be installed in about 2 week time (supply and install via Garage88)
- Planned retune in early May

Will post up pics of the DP and front pipe install when done

Cant wait to feel the difference :mrgreen:

SYM
-stickered-

Postby Gen5is » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Take a sound clip of the dp/exhaust too!
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby cruisn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 am

Those mods should include the Brembo rears. 8)
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby SYM » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:56 pm

cruisn wrote:Those mods should include the Brembo rears. 8)

Thanks Mark, and yes I do agree.... Henry (rrussh) dangled the idea of the HKS DP and front, and despite all attempts to resist, I bit down (hard).

I'm thinking timing for Brembo rears would be late this year. Do you know a place that manufactures the special/extended handbrake shoes required when fitting rear brembo rotors?

SYM
-stickered-

Postby cruisn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

SYM wrote:Do you know a place that manufactures the special/extended handbrake shoes required when fitting rear brembo rotors?

I do and its in Sydney. :wink:

Cheap set of GRB Brembo's on sale atm in Japan....
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods