Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby gloryboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

EDIT: I have contacted a few places to get a replacement key, but in the mean time could anyone please lend/sell me one? (Need to get my guards rolled asap :)) {Also please don't grill me for having this in the wheels thread, I originally wasn't looking to borrow/buy one but now I need to :D)

Having a bit of a problem. When putting in coil overs last week, the lug nut key I had has broken.....

I am having a ridiculously hard time trying to find a place that sells 7 sided lug nut keys. I'm pretty sure it's between 15-16mm on the normal metric ones. I don't know what brand the lug nuts are, as they came with the car when I bought it.

If anyone can help/point me in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks!

Jared
Last edited by gloryboy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Got a picture of them?

These Kyokugen ones are the only 7 sided lug nuts I've ever seen...

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/KICS-HP ... nded-Black
User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby gloryboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Got a picture of them?

These Kyokugen ones are the only 7 sided lug nuts I've ever seen...

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/KICS-HP ... nded-Black


Cheers mate! I think that's them.... I'm gonna take a look now to confirm.
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby gloryboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Got a picture of them?

These Kyokugen ones are the only 7 sided lug nuts I've ever seen...

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/KICS-HP ... nded-Black



Just a had look. The 7 sided part on the kyokugen set is 7 sided all the way to the end. Mine has a rounded tip. Will post a pic soon.
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby gloryboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Pic.
Attachments
Lock nut.jpg
Mystery lock nuts.
Lock nut.jpg (57.1 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 pm

User avatar
mynameisdaniel
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Real name: May or may not be Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Re: 7 sided lug nut key....

Postby gloryboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Probably these then :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200844567862


I think that's them! Thanks heaps man! I thought I searched ebay ok.... clearly my skills are poor :)
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby gloryboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 am

I will pay somebody to pleaseeeee borrow a hep key. I ordered one but apparently it will take a month an I need my car for work. Even if you're interstate, I'll pay for express post both ways. Praying someone can help.... :s
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby Boostaddict » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

Mate if I had one I would lend it to you .... But I think these are pretty rare, so you may be the one and only that has them on this forum.
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
User avatar
Boostaddict
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am
Location: Sydney
Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby ynot87 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am

project mu have 7 sided lug nuts. so maybe look for a project mu distributor and see if they can help you out
User avatar
ynot87
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:12 pm
Location: S.E Melbourne
Car: MY06 Liberty GT TB STi
Real name: Tony
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16443

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby gloryboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Boostaddict wrote:Mate if I had one I would lend it to you .... But I think these are pretty rare, so you may be the one and only that has them on this forum.



Thanks mate I appreciate it! Such a pain in the ass lol.
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby gloryboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 am

ynot87 wrote:project mu have 7 sided lug nuts. so maybe look for a project mu distributor and see if they can help you out


Cheers Tony! Contacted a couple of places just then ;)
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm

gloryboy wrote:
ynot87 wrote:project mu have 7 sided lug nuts. so maybe look for a project mu distributor and see if they can help you out


Cheers Tony! Contacted a couple of places just then ;)


Buy new nuts in M12x1.25

Find chisel and split the wheel nuts off by splitting them down the centre ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby gloryboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
gloryboy wrote:
ynot87 wrote:project mu have 7 sided lug nuts. so maybe look for a project mu distributor and see if they can help you out


Cheers Tony! Contacted a couple of places just then ;)


Buy new nuts in M12x1.25

Find chisel and split the wheel nuts off by splitting them down the centre ;)


If I had of seen this before I ordered a new set I would have done it lol
50OBI.
User avatar
gloryboy
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Camden
Car: MY07 6MT GT-B Sedan
Real name: Jared
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18809&p=265813#p265813

Re: Realllyyy need to borrow a 7 sided lug nut key ASAP!

Postby Mat04 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
gloryboy wrote:
ynot87 wrote:project mu have 7 sided lug nuts. so maybe look for a project mu distributor and see if they can help you out


Cheers Tony! Contacted a couple of places just then ;)


Buy new nuts in M12x1.25

Find chisel and split the wheel nuts off by splitting them down the centre ;)


Really they split down the center by hitting them on the end? I thought they would just chip off.
We could try jarad if you are game. My chisels at work are super sharp
owner and operator of offset Custom welding and fabrications.
User avatar
Mat04
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 am
Location: Campbelltown
Car: 03 my04 slammed outback
Real name: Matt

Next

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

cron