WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey there ladies (if any) and gentlemen,

I've finally gotten rid of my car (well, I blew my engine) and am on the lookout for a new Liberty SpecB (preferably) or Premium Pack. I thought I'd get more awareness by getting a proper topic posted so here it is.

  • MY04+
  • 3.0 L 6 cylinder (preferably)
  • Willing to spend up to $15,000
  • Manual or auto, doesn't phase me
  • Sedan
  • Under 100,000 kms
  • Minimal to no modifications if possible (non-turbo as well)
  • Located within a reasonable distance from Sydney, 1-1.5 hours (might consider Canberra as well)

Now I shall wait to hear from you. I am desperate for a new car but will definitely take the time needed to wait around for the one.

Thanks guys and I hope to hear from someone soon.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Kody.B » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

You'll be lucky to find a manual H6 with that mileage for your budget. However a 3.0R auto could possibly come in at around $15k
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
User avatar
Kody.B
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Real name: Kody
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm

I've found one on CarSales already. But it's good to know that my budget is pretty much on the mark. Thanks Kody.B.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Kody.B » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 am

Good to hear you've found one.
Just a couple of things that I wish I had known when I was looking at Libs:
-The clutch may squeal when you ride it. It's because of the dual mass flywheel from what I've heard, and isn't the sign of a massive clutch failure (still make sure to check it).
-Power steering pumps can be noisy, some I looked at were, some weren't. It doesn't always mean an issue.
-If you go for a 2.5i (premium pack) make sure you get at least an MY05 so you can tune the ECU.
Good luck finding a Liberty, they're an awesome car, you won't regret it.
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
User avatar
Kody.B
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Real name: Kody
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:54 am

Haven't found one that I'm buying, just a few that I might go visit. Still open to hear from anyone here that's selling though.

Thanks for the heads up man. I've made up my mind and will only want a 3.0 L 6 cylinder. I'm all for the extra grunt.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 am

I just bought a MY07 3.0R Premium and love it to bits. Premium models are the only ones with an ivory interior too. :)
But be aware, if you enjoy handling, you're gonna want to upgrade the suspension to B-Spec ASAP ($550 from Wheelpower + installation) because the standard KYB struts and springs on a 3.0R are far too soft and floaty. I upgraded to Bilsteins within a week of taking possession of my 3.0R!
Mick.
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm
Location: Montmorency VIC
Car: MY07 3.0R Premium
Real name: Mick

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 am

That's awesome to hear and thanks for the added info. I'm all for getting the Bilstein set up which is why my first priority is the SpecB.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Johnb » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Too bad your budget isn't $30k, I'm thinking about selling my my07 Liberty GTSpecB Tuned by STI no 35 of 300. Just taken delivery of a new car. Thoughly enjoyed the TbSTI.
JohnB
07 Liberty GT SpecB tuned by STI (no:035)
and I love it. Now with improvements.
Johnb
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: ACT
Car: 2007 Liberty Tuned by STI

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:39 am

I wish it was man, believe me. All I can afford is around the $15,000 mark. May be some time in the future but for now I've gotta be smart about my money, ha ha. My mate is looking for an STI Liberty so I'll be sure to give you some free advertising (I'll give him the link to your sale topic). ;)
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Re: WTB: Liberty SpecB or Premium Pack

Postby Liberty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Nobody? :|
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.


2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
User avatar
Liberty
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Real name: Gary
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424


Return to Wanted to Buy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests